project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Event News
30 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Event News Check here for upcoming community-held events

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
Oskar

Send a message via MSN to Oskar
Default PRTA PR Training - SL & New Player Trainings

Training for New Players
- BASIC TRAINING SESSIONS FOR PLAYERS NEW TO PR WANTING TO LEARN THE ROPES -
Training for Squad Leaders
- BASIC AND ADVANCED COURSES FOR SQUAD LEADERS IN ALL TYPES OF ROLES -

What's it for?
Our aim is to make PRTA and the rest of the Project Reality community a better place for teamwork and good gameplay! We at PRTA are here to help educate and share knowledge about our game experiences with others. Everyone who wants to contribute are invited to share their techniques and all players are welcome to join training sessions!

How will it work?
Training sessions will be spread out during the course of every weekend and always announced in advance, in separate threads on the PRTA forums. Instructors will lay out their sessions as they want. Players should sign up to join the training. Mumble is mandatory for all players participating. Players also need to have the Teamspeak Client installed - once you have TS installed, go to this link to connect to PRTA. Game server is always announced in the session thread and can be closed or public, depending on the needs of the Instructor. All training sessions will be recorded!
The PRTA New Player Training will be every Friday at 19:00 PRT and last for 90 minutes. Controls, tools, basic game concepts as well as weapons, infantry squad play and basic asset training will be included in every session. All new players are welcome, with mic or without! Remember that Mumble and Teamspeak are still required for the New Player Training. Remember to show up in time!

All other training sessions will focus only on gameplay advice, tactics and strategies and never the basics of any role/function in the game to make sessions interesting for everyone!

The Squad Leader Training will be every Sunday at 16:00 PRT (120 minutes) for players who are already familiar with the game and want to take on the Squad Leader role. If you like the infantry aspect of Project Reality and want to learn more, this is for you. The SL Training will include things like tactics, strategy, giving orders, situational awareness, communication.

PRTA has made available a guide for new and seasoned SLs alike to read up on everything to do with leading Infantry Squads in PR. It brings up useful concepts & tactics that will work well in-game. The guide is a work-in-progress and will be updated with more information, a condensed format and pictures.
Have a nice read!

Apply as an Instructor? Got any fresh ideas for a new course?
- PM Oskar.

Go to this page for more information about upcoming sessions!

Xfire: wrestlersesf
Last edited by Oskar; 04-08-2012 at 12:32 PM..
Old 03-22-2012, 11:26 AM   #2
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Developer
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: PRTA PR Training - SL & New Player Trainings

nice! I could use some SL training

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #3
Oskar

First 'Basic Squad Leader' Training is this sunday at 1800 PRT, everyone is free to join!
Visit this thread for more information: Basic Squad Leader Training - Every sunday 1800PRT | PRTA - Project Reality Teamwork Alliance

Old 03-22-2012, 06:31 PM   #4
[R-CON]Wicca
PR:BF2 Event Coordinator
Supporting Member

Great initative oskar.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:20 PM   #5
jax

Plan on doing one for pilots? I can fly, I just dont wanna piss anyone off by not knowing the proper LZs and stuff. I think a few seminars on some of the most played maps would be a good idea. I'm sure it would attract a lot of people. Just need to get permission and increase the number of choppers on certain maps and reduce the spawn times creating a perfect training environment. Hopefully you'll take it into consideration.

Off we fuck.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:38 PM   #6
[R-CON]Wicca
PR:BF2 Event Coordinator
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax View Post
Plan on doing one for pilots? I can fly, I just dont wanna piss anyone off by not knowing the proper LZs and stuff. I think a few seminars on some of the most played maps would be a good idea. I'm sure it would attract a lot of people. Just need to get permission and increase the number of choppers on certain maps and reduce the spawn times creating a perfect training environment. Hopefully you'll take it into consideration.
Get a locked server with rcon on. And you can have no spawn time and lots of choppers.

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:45 PM   #7
Oskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax View Post
Personally I specialize in infantry, but there are loads of community members who are good pilots and could help out with that, I'm sure. Anyone with experience, a friendly attitude and a loud voice is more than welcome to help out!

Specially set up servers with altered spawn times and such is not an issue, PRTA already host one Training Server specifically for this training module, one or two more is definitely a possibility if there is a need!

Glad to see you're interested, jax.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:00 PM   #8
fmfisdead

I definitely want to be there as I've hopped in game a lot and wondered what it is I'm supposed to be doing. Awesome thing you guys are doing for the community.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:11 PM   #9
fmfisdead

Just looked at the time difference. Too bad it's 2pm EST I'll never make it. Any possibility of other times?
Old 03-23-2012, 05:16 AM   #10
Murkey
Supporting Member

Gave the guide a quick skim read - looks great!

Excellent stuff guys <3

*Edit* - Oskar - I might be in touch RE a medic course once I have less RL stuff on. Again, good stuff mate

Murkey's Videos

Closed Thread

Tags
player, prta, training, trainings