project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Event News
18 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Event News Check here for upcoming community-held events

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 05:48 AM   #21
Technoelite

Default Re: Operation Deliverance 128 - PRTA Event 31st of March

I need good Squad leaders who can control their people to make sure they follow the rules, if you dont have compelte control of your squad dont step up to the plate unless you are sure see you alll in the field in 6 days

Old 03-26-2012, 09:48 AM   #22
Pvt.LHeureux
-

What would be awesome is to have the mumble's local speak channel the same for both teams. So civilians could give informations to the NATO forces with an arab accent or with really limited english words. Or even better with false traductors.

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:47 PM   #23
Technoelite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt.LHeureux View Post
What would be awesome is to have the mumble's local speak channel the same for both teams. So civilians could give informations to the NATO forces with an arab accent or with really limited english words. Or even better with false traductors.
well my friend that is top secret move along nothing to see here

Old 03-27-2012, 05:22 AM   #24
rodrigoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrigoma View Post
I am looking forward to this event, it will be nice too have some change in the gameplay
one thing you guys should think about is a common mumble local speech for both teams, it would certainly add too the fun and the realism of engagements and interactions between civis and bluefor... etc
Quote:
thats what i said already, it would be awesome
Old 03-27-2012, 05:24 AM   #25
rodrigoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrigoma View Post
I am looking forward to this event, it will be nice too have some change in the gameplay
one thing you guys should think about is a common mumble local speech for both teams, it would certainly add too the fun and the realism of engagements and interactions between civis and bluefor... etc
Quote:
thats what i said already, it would be awesome
"yelling allahu ahkbar just before blowing the vehicle in the soldiers face would be"
Old 03-27-2012, 01:55 PM   #26
Arnoldio
Banned

There will have to be some dedicated guys observing the roads given that they dont get mined.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:12 PM   #27
Agemman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnoldio View Post
There will have to be some dedicated guys observing the roads given that they dont get mined.
Tahir's Taxi Service? will watch the roads for great British Conquerors! We offer premium cars fitted with A/C*, driven by the most competent drivers in the country**. We offer our services to both great British Conquerors and natives alike***. We hope you enjoy riding with us!

*Lack of windows brings air inside. FRESH air.
**Standards are not that high.
***Tahir's Taxi Service? is not responsible for any injuries or deaths caused by our services.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #28
Shovel
Supporting Member

Looking forward to this, haven't seen any event this awesome in a while.

Will be there.

Shovel009
Old 03-28-2012, 09:30 AM   #29
mati140

Hell yeah, that's what I've been waiting for! Finally, a true insurgency simulation - with blufor, surrounded by civilans, being suddenly attacked, unexpected, by someone from the crowd with "Allahu Akbar!" shout. Just when I got a new internet connection.

I would, however suggest something more:

1. As some people suggested before there has to be one side mumble for this event - this scenario will fail without local voice communication between sides - just imagine a situation - a squad of British soldiers on patrol notices a suspicious group of unarmed people, behaving strangly. You follow them, and you see them aproaching some chest. You come closer and sse the weapons cache. They didn't take any kits yet. You have 3 options now: 1. Wait for them to take kits and then shoot them, risking life - not really optimal, 2. Shoot them and get penalty for shooting civilian + kick for breaking event rules, or 3. Shout: "STOP, GET YOUR HANDS UP, NOW!!! ON THE GROUND MOTHER****A!!!!!! + few shots in the air before they get to the cache, resulting in panic and a situation that would allow to arrest them. Maybe it's not the best example, but you get the point. Also, if possible, radio chatter (on mumble) should be hearable on local arround person who talks - though I'm affraid it would be difficult.

2. Maybe you could release some modification for download that would 1. Make empty, unarmed civilian kit and colaborator as the only choices in spawn screen for insurgents. 2. Make all insurgents' kits from spawn screen (warriors and SL) requestable from ammo caches, like for Talibans 3. Allow unlimited number of civilians and colaborators in squad and 4. Make 20 minutes restriction before insurgents' kits spawn/get requestable. That would give blufor chance to set up FOBs before mayhem starts, as they're in crappy situation on this map and scenario anyway, but also increase realism to some point.

I hope that if this event works, some of the rules will be added to official insurgency game mode.

Old 03-30-2012, 02:53 PM   #30
MurderDogg
Supporting Member

This is how I wish Public gaming was like. Suspense and consequence.
I would agree that there should be a large percentage (60%) of civilians driving around obeying the traffic laws, and walking around and gathering togeather to and ocasionally stone the blufor.
I always wanted gameplay where there are alot of civis and strict ROEs for the blufor

I would also like to suggest the blufor get a non combat character, a CNN reporter (foreign journalist) for example. Who could go into civilian areas unmolested. They would "report" pertinent information like civilian deaths, but would also report to the blufor on weapon casche locations and insurgent troop movements.

Thank you for the mod everybody.
Closed Thread

Tags
128, 31st, deliverance, event, march, operation, prta