project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Event News
15 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Event News Check here for upcoming community-held events

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 08:43 PM   #1
[R-CON]Wicca
PR:BF2 Event Coordinator
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Officer Signups Open - TART 128 Announcement

You better be ready!

TART - the Teamwork And Reality Tournament with 2 armies fighting 128 player battles in an highly organized environment today presents you the two armies that will clash on the battlefields and their Commanders:

CORD -Crude Oil Requisition Detachment
Commander: CasualtyUR
Commander: Bummeri
Teamsize: 100+ players
Battlesize: 64 players
Branches: Infantry, Mechanized Infantry, Armour, Aviation, Special Forces, Field Artillery, Medical Service, Intelligence

MULE -Mellow Unconventional Lemon Employment

Commander: Orthas
Commander: Bonsai
Teamsize: 100+ players
Battlesize: 64 players
Branches: Infantry, Mechanized Infantry, Armour, Aviation, Special Forces, Field Artillery, Medical Service, Intelligence

The History of TART:
When PRT (the official Project Reality Tournament) has placed itself on indefinite hold there was quite a demand for a place where PR players could shoot each other in an organized manner.

TART has been created not only to fill the gap but with the intention to make an independent tournament with a minimum focus on organisational structures and maximum fun and action. Therefore the tourney is run by its Commanders. They make all the needed decisions together and with the fun for the players and teams as highest priority. The small but very effective admin group is responsible for the technical aspects and assists as part of the management.

Going for 128 or even bigger has always been a topic. But was unreachable until now.

PRTA - the Project Reality Teamwork Alliance offered us not only a place to start with the project but also the needed infrastructure. While the COs brought in their tournament experience - PRTA completed it with their expertise on community based events and technical questions. An successful alliance and partnership has been made.

The future of TART:
While TART in campaign 1 used a system where there have been no fixed teams with the intention to offer the squads the chance to play with other excellent squads in each battle but not to create fronts between them - in campaign 2 you will not only see 128 players on the battlefield but the return of fixed and dedicated teams.
The feedback we received from our first round was that although it has been great fun, the intense relationships, cooperation and spirit that occur in a team that trains and fights together for a longer time has been missed greatly.

With TART expanding, two well-known and experienced Commanders have joined our team. And during the last couple of months we have not only re-organized the whole structure but also prepared all that is needed to present you the first tournament in PR with 128 player battles.

TART 128:
We now have a ranking system with 4 Commanders leading 2 independent teams and making all tournament related decisions together until they meet on the battleground. [FONT=Georgia]Platoon- and Squad- Leaders managing their specialized units, NCOs assisting them and Soldiers fighting for their team's victory.

As the new set-up requires quite a bit of commitment from its players. You are expected to be active on a weekly basis and attend most practices and battles when you want to join. In return we give you the very first 128 experience in an environment offering organized teamplay, tactical approaches, highly trained and motivated enemies, team-sized strategies...in short: Project Reality as it is meant to be played - IN 128!

So - when does it start?
Continuing the structured layout we are basing the tourney on we will open signups for Platoon-leaders and Squad-leaders as next step this weekend. As soon as we have covered all the officer positions and made sure we have balanced teams - the signups for soldiers (players) will open. And of course we will inform you here about it.

SIGN-UP NOW!

IMPORTANT NOTE: This is the signup thread for officer positions only!
If you want to join TART as a soldier you will get the chance very soon.
Sign-up ONLY if you want to lead a unit for one of the two armies!

Teaparty? Not with TART! We got the ultimate 128 PR multiplayer experience!

See you on TART!

The Management.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by [R-CON]Wicca; 02-01-2012 at 09:08 AM..
Old 01-25-2012, 09:14 PM   #2
Bluedrake42

Default Re: You better be ready! - TART 128 Announcment

as long as I get to play... last time I signed up for a PR tournament I trained for weeks on super laggy servers and when the battle actually came around I had to sit out because there were too many people...

Old 01-25-2012, 09:34 PM   #3
[R-CON]Wicca
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedrake42 View Post
as long as I get to play... last time I signed up for a PR tournament I trained for weeks on super laggy servers and when the battle actually came around I had to sit out because there were too many people...
The server is very good. Dont worry.

I hope we will turn your old experience in to a long forgotten memory!

Old 01-25-2012, 09:41 PM   #4
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive

[/FONT]

Glad the teams are back as they were. CORD & MULE? Haha not bad. So whats up with namestags? Removed completely?

Nothing was wrong with PRT. There were difficulties with training servers but we made that up with private clan servers. Think you missed that part probably. As for playing in battle, well I cant comment on that. Thats CO's decision.

CATA4TW!
Last edited by MaSSive; 01-26-2012 at 12:27 PM..
Old 01-25-2012, 11:26 PM   #5
Guniv

I'm really interested in this and will probably be signing up for a squad lead position. Can anyone tell me when these take place in EST?
Old 01-25-2012, 11:40 PM   #6
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guniv View Post
I'm really interested in this and will probably be signing up for a squad lead position. Can anyone tell me when these take place in EST?
Its in prep stage. Go to TART and signup. You'll know it all.

CATA4TW!
Old 01-26-2012, 12:11 AM   #7
Guniv

Thanks! Another question: will SQLs have the option of choosing their squadmates? I have about three people interested in playing aswell.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:23 AM   #8
Karatepelle

Daaaaamn, I'm so excited!
Old 01-26-2012, 03:00 AM   #9
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to sweedensniiperr Send a message via Yahoo to sweedensniiperr Send a message via Skype™ to sweedensniiperr

bonsai+ orthas loooooooool CATA:P

Old 01-26-2012, 05:28 AM   #10
[R-CON]Wicca
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guniv View Post
Thanks! Another question: will SQLs have the option of choosing their squadmates? I have about three people interested in playing aswell.
Reserved slots cant be promised, cause when you have alot of people signing up. It gets hectical. But if it is possible, it will be caterd for you the need to have any specific member added to your squad. Just dont expect miracles.

Closed Thread

Tags
128, announcement, announcment, officer, open, ready, signups, tart