project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
21 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2010, 10:02 PM   #21
[R-COM]SnipingCoward
Support Technician

Default Re: "your connection to the server has been lost"

Ok, this is disturbing...
From your WLAN screenshot:
ReAuthentication Timer: 1800 seconds
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.zyxel.com/web/support_knowledgebase_detail.php?KnowledgeBaseID=6 650&pid=20040520161246
When using WPA, it will need the reauthentication timer to authenticate between AP and Wireless client dynamically. In our device, the reauthentication timer is set to be 1800s by default via WEB GUI, and the max timer value is 9999. When timer runs out, the wireless connection may drop for one or two seconds. When we use WPA in sending and receiving email, it's sustainable. If we set the value to be 0, it equals to be the static WEP.
1800 sec = 30 min ... that would mean the reauthentication is at least every 30mins... meaning you have significant packet loss or even worse.. a new IP. Effectively a disconnect.

almost the same thing with
Group Key Update Timer: 1800sec = 30min
(Group Key Update Interval causing disconnects - Neowin Forums)

This in the mix can let you at worst lose connection every 15 minutes as the intervalls' starting times diverge.

Suggestion: Set both values to 0 (prefered) or 9999 (if 0 doesn't work)
I believe this has a high potential of fixing your disconnects.

Also: Your WLAN is awefully clouded at Ch3. You should try to get the most distance to that one, as it will interfere with lower and upper channels (that is mainly Ch2 and Ch4). Right now Ch1 and Ch9 look like your best bet. (You want as few of those lines in your WLANs plateau).
BTW: nice find on the WLAN tool.

Further security: hiding your SSID is to some extend helpful (caution: can have you lose connection because windows cant find the WLAN) but what you should really utilize is the "MAC Filter" (Tab in WLAN menu). It should be set to that you have to add every new WLAN device into that filter list manually or at least have to disable it temporarly to allow registration.

Got a PROBLEM? Check this:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Got a common QUESTION? check here first:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Hello, IT! ... Yes, have you tried turning it on and off again?"
Old 12-19-2010, 01:34 PM   #22
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

Send a message via ICQ to lucky.BOY Send a message via Skype™ to lucky.BOY

Sorry for the late response, I have been waiting untill I have enough data to say its solved.

However, I set both timers on 9999, because 0 did not work, and It got much better

I had 1-2 disconects of about 15 hours of gameplay in total, not counting server crashes and BF2 CTDs.

I can play PR without problem, now, thanks to you!

Old 12-19-2010, 06:01 PM   #23
thepalerider

Arrow Re: "your connection to the server has been lost"

If your using wifi, check your setting for it. Under Vista, the default was to check for a better signal every two minutes or so, which could cause you to get dropped from a game server. Not sure about W7 so check. Set it up to ONLY use your wifi network.
Hope it helps

"There's nothin' like a nice piece of hickory"

I play on
where it's all about the teamwork.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:00 AM   #24
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

Send a message via ICQ to lucky.BOY Send a message via Skype™ to lucky.BOY

@thepalerider, thanks for advice, though I was just trying to say "Thank you, problem solved."

Tags
solved, w or, wlan