project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
28 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2009, 11:21 AM   #1
04wheelerd
Default Connection Problems

A warm welcome to all!

Here is my problem. I installed PR 0.856 last Friday and could not believe how great this add-on is! However, last Tuesday I switched from AOL to Virgin Media (ISP'S) and have not had internet until today. Looking forward to playing a few games, I loaded up the game, picked a server, once the map had loaded and "Squad Assignment" appeared at the bottom right hand corner, my game crashes to desktop. I tried two different servers and every time the map has loaded I crash. I have hosted my local server and have no problems, I load the normal BF2 and have no problem. It just seems to be with PR on the internet.

Any soloutions?

Thank you.

Edit: I have had no problem playing the game all last week and when I got my internet back today, it does not work.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:46 AM   #2
[R-DEV]AncientMan
PR:BF2 Project Manager
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Connection Problems

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f380...-released.html

Grab the patch and have fun

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:49 AM   #3
04wheelerd

Is this a problem everyone is getting? Because I see other people playing on these servers?
Old 06-24-2009, 11:53 AM   #4
MrSh@vid
Supporting Member
Send a message via MSN to MrSh@vid

They have the patch and you don't?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-24-2009, 11:54 AM   #5
04wheelerd

No, what I mean is the servers currently on 0.856 still have players on them so I assume they have no connection problems, so why do I need to download a patch for a connection issue?
Old 06-24-2009, 11:56 AM   #6
MrSh@vid
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04wheelerd View Post
No, what I mean is the servers currently on 0.856 still have players on them so I assume they have no connection problems, so why do I need to download a patch for a connection issue?
This is mostly likely due to noob admins forgetting to update all the profiles on his server to the new patch name.

Old 06-24-2009, 11:58 AM   #7
04wheelerd

So there is not one server on the 0.856 patch anymore?
Old 06-24-2009, 12:02 PM   #8
MrSh@vid
Supporting Member

Not likely. The patch is nice and quick, and worth it, so as AncientMan said grab it and play away.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:11 PM   #9
04wheelerd

Thank you very much for your help. Downloading the patch now and will let you know the outcome. I have however, one more question. Since February at exacaly 17:15 my ping rockets up to about 500 - 800. Then at exacaly 22:45 it goes back down to around 30 again. This happens everyday which is why I have changed ISP's.

I have to wait till 17:15 today to see if changing ISP's has effected it but do you have any ideas why this happens?
Old 06-24-2009, 12:25 PM   #10
[R-MOD]Saobh
Forum Moderator

Moved to "PR Support"

The only acceptable 'Lone Wolf' you'll be allowed to play :

Tags
connection, problems