project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
23 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2009, 09:07 PM   #11
SocketMan

Default Re: How to install PR on Windows 7?

you can maybe check the control panel for all the updates/patches that were installed.
That one came out on the 8th I think.Don't know if the download files were fixed.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:25 PM   #12
vilhelm123

Rightyo will do, many thanks for your help mate

Lots of love
Vilhelm xx
Old 05-27-2009, 08:06 AM   #13
vilhelm123

Just a quick update.

Downloading new files worked, no idea what was going on with the other can only assume that they were corrupted.

Lots of love
Vilhelm xx
Old 05-27-2009, 05:32 PM   #14
Alex6714

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTommy View Post
I'm on Win7 64bit RC build 7100, installed and plays with no problems, in fact better then ever. I didn't need to use compatibility modes, i did have UAC off and i didn't have BF2 installed in my program files. I believe Vista/Win7 treats files in the default program files folder slightly differently, security feature i think. So i avoid it for games.

But i can verify Win7 & PR like each other

Not sure what's causing your mentioned problems.
You have no problems with PB? If so, looks like time I got 7 installed.

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Old 05-27-2009, 07:14 PM   #15
Darkpowder

Punkbuster was fixed after some considerable protest from the community and some pressure from DICE probably. See the punkbuster and windows thread thats stickied for the long story.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:24 PM   #16
SocketMan

I updated another PC to win7

This time used the DVD to upgrade an existing win xp x64 install, rather then a clean
one.It actually worked too
Old 05-27-2009, 08:42 PM   #17
=BTB= LoftyB

Send a message via MSN to =BTB= LoftyB

Win7 BF2/PR and PB have been tested by a quite a few people in the community (myself and DarkPowder included). Since the server side update, there has been no PB kicks for unknown windows API on 23 bit version. x64 still has bugs as with XP x64 and Vista x64. PR is confirmed working with PB. Still a few graphical errors for some people. but they can be fixed by changing compatibility.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:27 PM   #18
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Masaq

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-TEC]SocketMan View Post
I updated another PC to win7

This time used the DVD to upgrade an existing win xp x64 install, rather then a clean
one.It actually worked too

Hey Socket, any chance you could post that process up and PM me when you've got it up? I only recently reinstalled Vista64, and I'm keen to move to W7 but I'd rather like to avoid the lengthy and painful backup, format, install, reinstall, restore process...

Cheers chap!

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." - Washington Post
Old 05-28-2009, 07:04 PM   #19
SocketMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Masaq View Post
Hey Socket, any chance you could post that process up and PM me when you've got it up? I only recently reinstalled Vista64, and I'm keen to move to W7 but I'd rather like to avoid the lengthy and painful backup, format, install, reinstall, restore process...

Cheers chap!
I just put the DVD in,clicked "Update Now" and ~30m later it was done.
It put the "old windows" into a folder (windows.old) along with the documents,program files etc from the prevuis instalation (of xp64)
That was it.
It did not keep any of the old programs,I can access them but not run it - have to reinstall.
So something to keep in mind.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:53 AM   #20
Aquiller
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Aquiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revollucion View Post
Hello.I can not instal Project reality..?After click on pr_0856_core_setup.exe nothing happened at all?I tried run under vusta compatibility also..Anybody is runing allready PR on windows 7..?Thank you soo much

Dr.Gonzo
I had the same problem (W7 Ultimate RC) - clicking on .exe's resulted in flashing black screen.
What you have to do is simply right click on the .exe file and "Run as Administrator". Worked for me.

Regards

Tags
instal, install, window, windows