project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
24 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2009, 12:35 PM   #1
colinzor
Default Corrupt files and some problems

Hi all, iv recently tryed to download project reality for the first time... looks amazing!

i run windows vista home premium edition
pretty good computer quite new

downloaded the files from file play UK mirror

downloaded the core setup and the levels setup

saved them into where the file wanted to go - PB folder for some reason

i downloaded it last night i left it on i came back it had finshed but had disappeared so i downloaded it again and it got to 10% and finshed so i clicked run and notice came up so i clicked allow as it wasnt sure who the publisher was, so next thing i get a notice saying the files are corrupt and to obtain a new copy what should i do?

i also get this notice when i open the levels set up

what can i do? please help me thanks. PS i know alot about computers but please try to keep the solution as simple as possible, thanks for your time

UPDATE: I have looked at similar posts and im downloading it through the torrent now, but problem is im downloading it through limewire and it is truely going to take days just to download, what can i do to speed this up or make it faster thanks
Last edited by colinzor; 04-26-2009 at 03:43 PM.. Reason: forgot to add some information
Old 04-26-2009, 08:03 PM   #2
[R-COM]SnipingCoward
Support Technician

Default Re: Corrupt files and some problems

a) you could try to "resume" the corrupted file (close limeware, replace the target file limeware created with the corrupted one, then restart downloading the torrent)
b) add direct mirrors (no clue if limeware supports this) (BitTorrent (protocol) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
c) use FDM, GetRight or ĀµTorrent to continue the download and use torrent seeds as well as direct mirrors

Got a PROBLEM? Check this:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Got a common QUESTION? check here first:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Hello, IT! ... Yes, have you tried turning it on and off again?"
Old 04-27-2009, 08:19 AM   #3
colinzor
Default Re: Corrupt files and some problems

problem resolved

downloaded through a different mirror worked perfect thanks

Tags
corrupt, files, problems