project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
22 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2009, 02:57 AM   #41
Megagoth1702
Supporting Member

Default Re: Sound cards and Creative X-Fi

Sure I have, alreay said that.

It's weird but I suppose it's vista's fault cuz I read a lot about BF2 not seeing the x-fi card. oO
Old 05-15-2009, 06:08 AM   #42
Megagoth1702
Supporting Member

OMG this is crazy...

I have no VOIP in BF2 with the Xtreme Gamer card. The VoiceSetup.exe runs perfectly but ingame itself there is no VOIP. So I put back my audigy 1 (now I have 2 soundcards in there) and manually installed the audigy. The mic of it does not work either, cuz it is not even picked up when the mic is plugged in. Weird, anyway, I went to BF2 just to check something and could set the audio to X-fi + ultra high.

Isn't this just totaly weird?

I think when I deinstall the audigy again I won't be able to use x-fi /ultra high anymore.

But screw high quality audio, I want voip over all!

VOIP works too now...

This stuff is fucked up.
Last edited by Megagoth1702; 05-15-2009 at 07:53 AM..
Old 05-15-2009, 08:19 AM   #43
AgentJadeD
Supporting Member

Have any of you tried running installing drivers as Admin, and run compatible mode.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:15 AM   #44
Megagoth1702
Supporting Member

What do you mean? Installs always run as admin with Vista. Compatibility mode - the setup? Or the game?
Old 05-17-2009, 01:05 PM   #45
Agent_mOe
Supporting Member

Send a message via ICQ to Agent_mOe

Remember to NOT remove any (of the creative) programs from startup (with msconfig for example).
If you do so and remove ctxfispi.dll and stuff from autorun creative drivers wont work properly and bf2 wont "find" an XFI card.

I don't know which programs are exactly started or i dont have an xfi anymore but iirc there were like 4 of them all named something with CT****.exe
Last edited by Agent_mOe; 05-17-2009 at 01:11 PM..
Old 05-18-2009, 11:24 AM   #46
Megagoth1702
Supporting Member

Well guys I reinstalled my system, due to backups and 2 HDDs it was no big deal. The cool thing is: the X-Fi runs flawless, the only problem is - the mic is so damn noisy compared to the audigy 1, poor quality.

But the simulated surround (CMSS3D) sounds great and the ultra-high quality sound sounds better to me, but I guess it's just the brains.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:31 PM   #47
BiH_Predator

Hi to all fanatic Gamers... (don't get pis off, cuz I am the craziest 1)

Like 1st, sorry about English, maybe it's little nooby...

4 days ago I started to play PR, and it is more fun then BF2, cuz of extreme Team Play.
I was play BF2 for a few years, and start to piss me off, because there is little Team Play left. I really liked that game, but can not find good server anymore.

Anyway, I start to play PR, and noticed that joining the squads it is something that u must do. And most importing, u must follow orders from ur SL, or commander. And it is awesome!

But, also, if u wont to SL accept u, u need to have VOIP. (most of SL kicked me because of my VOIP problems).
Problems are;
They can not here me properly, and i need to raise my voice in order to here anything. They mostly here some freaky sound from me, and I eventually get kicked from squad. I fully understand their anger, and don't argue.
I tested my mic in "Sound recorder", and it works. But, when I try to use BF2VoiceSetup, I come out with this message; "BF2VoiceSetup.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
I use "Logitech" headphones without USB, windows XP, "Real Tech HD Audio Manager" and ordinary sound card.

Also, if I somehow fix this, I will be happy to join some clan, cuz I follow orders, and I believe I am good Team Player.

Thx, and looking forward some helpfull answers.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:24 PM   #48
strickt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiH_Predator View Post
Hi to all fanatic Gamers... (don't get pis off, cuz I am the craziest 1)

Like 1st, sorry about English, maybe it's little nooby...

4 days ago I started to play PR, and it is more fun then BF2, cuz of extreme Team Play.
I was play BF2 for a few years, and start to piss me off, because there is little Team Play left. I really liked that game, but can not find good server anymore.

Anyway, I start to play PR, and noticed that joining the squads it is something that u must do. And most importing, u must follow orders from ur SL, or commander. And it is awesome!

But, also, if u wont to SL accept u, u need to have VOIP. (most of SL kicked me because of my VOIP problems).
Problems are;
They can not here me properly, and i need to raise my voice in order to here anything. They mostly here some freaky sound from me, and I eventually get kicked from squad. I fully understand their anger, and don't argue.
I tested my mic in "Sound recorder", and it works. But, when I try to use BF2VoiceSetup, I come out with this message; "BF2VoiceSetup.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
I use "Logitech" headphones without USB, windows XP, "Real Tech HD Audio Manager" and ordinary sound card.

Also, if I somehow fix this, I will be happy to join some clan, cuz I follow orders, and I believe I am good Team Player.

Thx, and looking forward some helpfull answers.
When you say ordinary sound card do you mean onboard sound? Im guessing yes since your using Real Tech HD. If so try re-installing the real tech hd drivers and that might help you.

Tags
cards, creative, sound, xfi