project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
22 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2009, 08:55 PM   #21
SocketMan

Default Re: Sound cards and Creative X-Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japub View Post
What I'm really interested in is to get as realistic gun shot sounds as possible. I believe it can increase the gaming experience alot. As it is now it feels like I'm shooting peas. :P

What I can't get is why you'll have to have a Creative X-Fi card. I got a studio program where I can make really good sounds, wouldn't that be possible for BF2 as well. Just if you downloaded some sort of sound program.
It's the EAX part.A technology made by Creative thus only
possible on their Cards.
Version 5.0 ("Ultrahigh") works only on XFI (xmuzik/fatality) etc
Earlier versions 1.0/2.0 are supported by all cards even on board.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:51 AM   #22
Nemesis6

I'm thinking about getting one of these X-Fi cards. Need to get a new one since my old Audigy 2 card's mic port seems to be dead. Either it doesn't work, or it's incredibly low, even with mic boost enabled. So I'm wondering, which of the X-fi cards do you recommend? I'm thinking about going for the platinum - Fatality Champion series. Cheapest I can find, that's both PCI and comes with the drive bay. Drive bay's important to me because it looks like you can adjust the mic volume from that thing as well. So is that a good choice?

On a side note I need to know something: I know BF2 has a separate audio option for X-fi. On my Audigy, I would crash after a while if I set audio, whether it was set to hardware or software. Will I need to do something similar with the X-fi?
Old 02-16-2009, 06:15 PM   #23
Epim3theus

So i bought the X-FI Titanium (not the fatality one), the regular. Sound is great and i have had no real problems so far, other than finding out how to get the thing to work, instead of the onboard.

However the mic has no boost option. And even before getting the mic to work, you have to set something called the Flexjack to microphone instead of line-in. But the mic seems to be to soft for people to hear me good in-game.

If you can read this the bitch fell off.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:39 PM   #24
space
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epim3theus View Post
So i bought the X-FI Titanium (not the fatality one), the regular. Sound is great and i have had no real problems so far, other than finding out how to get the thing to work, instead of the onboard.

However the mic has no boost option. And even before getting the mic to work, you have to set something called the Flexjack to microphone instead of line-in. But the mic seems to be to soft for people to hear me good in-game.
Ive got that card last week - youre doing something wrong.

Its this card right? :

I couldn't get the Front panel connection to work properly so use the back connections.
Microphone goes into the blue socket - headphones into the green socket.
Also make sure you update all the drivers - you cant select Ultra settings in bf2, until you update them all ( update creative control panel as well, as its buggy out of the box )

If you like add me to xfire ( username: spacemanc) when you've updated all the drivers - its quite complicated setting it up because there's so many settings. It took me a while to get the mic settings right.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:46 PM   #25
Desertfox

Maybe its just me doing something wrong but I don't see that much of a different with my creative X-Fi.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:55 AM   #26
Epim3theus

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemanc View Post
Ive got that card last week - youre doing something wrong.

Its this card right? :

I couldn't get the Front panel connection to work properly so use the back connections.
Microphone goes into the blue socket - headphones into the green socket.
Also make sure you update all the drivers - you cant select Ultra settings in bf2, until you update them all ( update creative control panel as well, as its buggy out of the box )

If you like add me to xfire ( username: spacemanc) when you've updated all the drivers - its quite complicated setting it up because there's so many settings. It took me a while to get the mic settings right.
Thanks, that's the one. I was under the impression i had dl ed the latest drivers,but the auto updater proved me wrong.
I believe i ve got better microphone output atm, didn't here any complaints last night. But yeah, many settings to choose from so i may have to take you up on your offer sometime, when i get xfire that is.
I really could here the difference with my onboard realtek on the GA-EP45 DS3l btw, when playing music, and in PR.

If you can read this the bitch fell off.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:58 PM   #27
Megagoth1702
Supporting Member

I just got my xtreme gamer card and I learned about the bug people were telling me... I was MEC on muttrah and I heard the choppers taking off. Also on Kashan I hear things which are WAAAY to far away...

Also I can not select the X-Fi and Ultra High quality in the audio menu. "Incompatible" it says, sure... I tried all the stuff I found on google, nothing worked yet.

Fvck this, I don't want to give that card back. I saw too many ultra-nice sounding videos and such stuff.

I run Vista64 bit and have the newest PAX drivers installed, which are better sounding, slightly modded creative drivers (legal ofc, the modder asked creative before doing them).
Old 05-12-2009, 06:13 PM   #28
space
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megagoth1702 View Post
I just got my xtreme gamer card and I learned about the bug people were telling me... I was MEC on muttrah and I heard the choppers taking off. Also on Kashan I hear things which are WAAAY to far away...

Also I can not select the X-Fi and Ultra High quality in the audio menu. "Incompatible" it says, sure... I tried all the stuff I found on google, nothing worked yet.

Fvck this, I don't want to give that card back. I saw too many ultra-nice sounding videos and such stuff.

I run Vista64 bit and have the newest PAX drivers installed, which are better sounding, slightly modded creative drivers (legal ofc, the modder asked creative before doing them).
Have you tried the latest official drivers?

Also make sure you download the latest Creative console, so you can change the settings, and maybe try turning off your onboard soundcard in the BIOS.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:26 PM   #29
Megagoth1702
Supporting Member

The PAX drivers come with the latest official creative stuff, but modded. So I will download the very official stuff last, cuz the servers are just... You know... <.<

Wow, BF2 gets confused if the onboard chip is enabled? How poor! I will try that out right now.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:31 PM   #30
Megagoth1702
Supporting Member

Nope, nothing happened by deactivating the HD Audio Realtek chip, still "incompatible"...

Will try the latest Console...

Am I correct seeing that the latest release was on 2.08.2008?

Tags
cards, creative, sound, xfi