project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
21 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2009, 12:37 AM   #1
Sharpshot0710
Angry Another MD5Tool Mismatch

Hi,
So I have been playing your wonderful mod and Battlefield 2 for a while now and since I updated my PR I have been getting kicked for and Error.
It reads: "Punkbuster kicked player '=FnS= sharpshot0710' (for 3 minutes) ... MD5Tool Mismatch: SS.log (len=0)"
Link to screen shot of the error:

So I have searched around these forums to no avail to find the exact same error as me. This error now occurs with all BF2 mods (including SF and PR) and in vanilla BF2.

I just thought someone here might be able to help me out with this and I have already tried a fresh install of Project Reality, I'm currently following the steps that killroy0097 posted here http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-...tml#post653667. Just any information that could help me would be greatly appreciated. And if the steps work for me I will post again.

Sharpy out.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:05 AM   #2
Jagular

Send a message via MSN to Jagular
Default Re: Another MD5Tool Mismatch

congrats SS.log its a file created by cheat program
(SS.log added by PsB to md5 checks)

Xfire - jagular78rus aka =WNP= SPB.Jagular /
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Setting up servers: game/web/mail/other win&nix/bsd
Old 01-02-2009, 09:39 PM   #3
Sharpshot0710

Sweet! A cheat program....
I have no idea what this is from but i can assure you I'm a legit player. What cheat program would have caused this? Google doesn't seem to be all that useful although ss.log could be the file that PB uses for screenshots, i maybe be wrong.
I have just run a search om my hard drive and found nothing with the name of ss.log

Anyone's help would be appreciated.
For now I will continue with killroy's steps.

Sharpy out.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:55 AM   #4
ralfidude

Send a message via AIM to ralfidude

even more suspicious is his only 2 posts.

Lol

Who knows these days... who to trust?

Old 01-03-2009, 06:58 AM   #5
Jagular

Send a message via MSN to Jagular

1. remove this SS.log from your bf2 folder (usually program files\ea-blablabla\battlefield2)
2. if its appeared again then smth wrong with you

Xfire - jagular78rus aka =WNP= SPB.Jagular /
/

Setting up servers: game/web/mail/other win&nix/bsd
Old 01-03-2009, 07:35 PM   #6
Sharpshot0710

Alrighty, problem fixed so far. I followed killroys steps and they seemed to have worked fine. I've played for a day on GSA and had no problems but I will try TG since people believe it has the most kicks.

@ Jagular: Such an easy fix.... Thanks for posting!It could help a few other people out.

@ ralfidude: Mate if you don't trust me then so be it but try and suss things out first. Common sense right here, My Join Date: 03-20-2008, hackers generally sign up to a forums the day they get the problem don't they?
Check my statistics online for my BF2 account:
BF2Stats.nl - Battlefield 2 Player Stats - 2nd Lieutenant sharpshot0710
sharpshot0710 2nd Lieutenant Stats, BF2S.com
But what ever man, I don't want to start an argument.
BTW, make it 3 posts now

Thanks for the help here everyone.
Sharpy out.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:11 PM   #7
ralfidude

Send a message via AIM to ralfidude

sry sharpshot

But when uv been around these forums for a long enough time and seen the amount of cheaters that post crap on here thinking we dont know, ud laugh ur head off too. (By the way, proven cheaters)

Nothing more than that, meant no offense.

Tags
md5tool, mismatch