project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
16 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2008, 05:03 PM   #1
Fabryz

Default Error after closing PR & graphic issues

I bought a new notebook, config:

Intel Core2 Duo 2.40GHz
4GB RAM
GeF 9600M GT 512MB
Win Vista 32bit

1- I notice that every time i close PR it shows this error:

Is it "normal" or what?
I used the quotes because on Win XP it makes some error sounds every time i close it, but no messages.

2- I also noticed some texture problems, like i saw in some old topics nvidia8800-related:

They're not so annoying, but any ideas?

Some PR v.605 test videos
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-07-2008, 05:54 PM   #2
thepalerider

Arrow Re: Error after closing PR & graphic issues

I can't see error message but you need Vista 64 to use the 4th gig of ram. Why the heck did you get the 32 bit version?
I got the Vista 64 home prem oem for under $100.00. I was looking for XP pro 64 but Vista was cheaper and had Windows media center included. Having a simple DVR like Windows media center without a TeVo monthly fee is great!

"There's nothin' like a nice piece of hickory"

I play on
where it's all about the teamwork.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:46 AM   #3
Fabryz

Default Re: Error after closing PR & graphic issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepalerider View Post
I can't see error message but you need Vista 64 to use the 4th gig of ram. Why the heck did you get the 32 bit version?
I got the Vista 64 home prem oem for under $100.00. I was looking for XP pro 64 but Vista was cheaper and had Windows media center included. Having a simple DVR like Windows media center without a TeVo monthly fee is great!
I know that, Vista 32bit was preinstalled in my notebook, when i'll need to fully take advantage of 4Gigs and 64bit applications i'll move onto it.

But you didn't answer to my problems.

I rehosted the error img, can you see it now?

Last edited by Fabryz; 10-08-2008 at 10:00 AM..
Old 10-08-2008, 03:05 PM   #4
thepalerider

Arrow Re: Error after closing PR & graphic issues

No I still can't see the link, but getting an error message when closing isn't normal.
Lucky it's only annoying.
Sorry I can't be more help.
Good luck

"There's nothin' like a nice piece of hickory"

I play on
where it's all about the teamwork.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:14 PM   #5
Fabryz

Default Re: Error after closing PR & graphic issues

3rd host.

Where are all the people with my same nVidia problem?
Manual search...

Edit: seems that putting Lightning on Medium will solve it, as i thought.

Tags
closing, error, graphic, issues