project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
23 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2008, 12:08 PM   #1
Hides-His-Eyes

Default Internal mic(s) not recognised

For the record, both skype and Audacity hear them fine (although only in mono...)

My laptop has stereo internal mics which BF2 just won't recognise. Cannot even start microphone test. I could probably sort this out on XP but i'm on vista and have no idea what i'm doing.

It's an acer aspire 5920 if that helps...

The third "never again" in a hundred years
Old 07-28-2008, 10:33 PM   #2
thepalerider

Arrow Re: Internal mic(s) not recognised

Quite similar to xp. Right click on the audio icon in the lower left corner of task bar. Choose recording devices.
Pick microphone from list, Click on the properties button, then click the custom tab above window.Make sure the mike boost is checked(on).Next check "levels" tab should be like +9.0dB Next click O.K. to close that window. Microphone should still be highlighted so click configure button on lower left. Chose the type of mike (Yours is built in) then run setup recording device. You should see the meter respond to the mike.When your done close the window and start bf2 or PR you should now be able to check mike boost here as well. test the mike and finish voip set up. I can tell you you'll want to turn down music to 5% and the sound effects to between 25 and 35% other wise you can't hear voip well in a tank or a-10.

Good luck

"There's nothin' like a nice piece of hickory"

I play on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
where it's all about the teamwork.

Tags
internal, mics, recognised