project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
21 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2008, 05:51 PM   #1
Onyx_O85
Default Punkbuster

Okay so I join a server, and i get kicked for not being able to shake hands with punkbusterb.exe lol anyone know how to fix that? i am running avg 8.0 and it might be that but i don't think so, it has worked b4
Old 07-14-2008, 08:33 AM   #2
NiGHTWoLF

Default Re: Punkbuster

Manually update punkbuster, not a PR bug at all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
You're most probably a noob
Old 07-15-2008, 03:59 AM   #3
Onyx_O85

alrite jw cause it never happened on normal bf2
Old 07-15-2008, 04:08 PM   #4
doggreen

Send a message via MSN to doggreen Send a message via Skype™ to doggreen
Thumbs up Re: Punkbuster

Friends, here in Brazil we have same problem, and one of our friends in PR found a temporary solution that has helped us a lot.

He authorized to make the translation into English to help all because the problem is global and not local ..

I had the same problem and invented a solution annoying, but it works.

I will first list what I have tried and not provided:

-- I went to the site of punkbuster htm file and downloaded the update. nothing.

-- Caught the program pbsetup.exe and installed. and nothing.

-- Caught the program and pbsvc.exe unistall the punkbuster get nothing and then reinstall

-- Do not click the option 'punkbuster' in hour into the server.

-- Unistall project reality and battlefield2, cleaned and temporary records of the system and reinstalled everything: bf2, patch 1.4 and PR. I did this three times and nothing again!

not what I tried:

-- Write to the technical support of EA pra ask for help.

what I found:

-- When you install the battlefield2, the punkbuster is not installed. it installs itself when we see the message 'loading complete. verifying customer data '. hence it includes the services of booting the system, the service pnkbstrA.exe. (you can see this going on 'start \ run \ services.msc').

what seems to have happened since the last update of automatic punkbuster, is that it now requires the pnkbstrB.exe but may be something also.

pbsetup.exe the program, found at the site of the guys (punkbuster.com), installs the pnkbstrB.exe and includes services in the boot of the system but not the start automatically. then simply open the 'start \ run \ services.msc' and set up for 'automatic' and start it. but the shit does not stop there: when you run the game in time when you read 'loading complete. verifying client date, 'punkbuster always installs itself again and stops the pnkbstrB.exe services in the boot of shit windows. then you get the message (something like) 'pnkbstrB.exe handshake failed' or another message related to any punkbuster, depending on what you is trying to do.

then go to

MY SOLUTION

1 - open the windows explorer and go to 'C: \ Program Files \ EA GAMES \ Battlefield 2' and create a folder with the name '! Bkp-bp'

2 - go to 'C: \ Program Files \ EA GAMES \ Battlefield 2 \ pb', copy the files

pbags.dll
pbcl.dll
pbclold.dll
pbcls.dll
pbsv.dll

and paste them in the folder that you created, '! bkp-bp'.

3 - you can download from a pbsvc.exe
http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe

* steps 1, 2 and 3 will be made only once. the other will be made whenever you play for, before the opening game.

4 - open the program pbsvc.exe

5 - select the "Un-Install/Remove PunkBuster Service 'and click next, then finish.

6 - go to 'C: \ Program Files \ EA GAMES \ Battlefield 2 \ pb', and delete all the files it has within it, the root (only the files, not folders' dll ',' htm 'and' scrnshot ')

7 - go to the folder 'dll' (C: \ Program Files \ EA GAMES \ Battlefield 2 \ bp \ dll) and delete the files that are inside (must be two files with the extension. Dll, but if you have more , Delete without fear).

8 - go to the folder 'htm' (C: \ Program Files \ EA GAMES \ Battlefield 2 \ bp \ htm) and delete the files that exist beyond these, the words, those listed below are those that are:

la001310.htm (not delete this)
lc001110.htm (not delete this)
ma001310.htm (not delete this)
mc001110.htm (not delete this)
wa001310.htm (not delete this)
wc001110.htm (not delete this)

this seems complicated, but it is not. these six files. htm listed above are installed from the CD of the battlefield, the others are updates of punkbuster. then, the files you will delete (in my case are always two files), have recent dates. and those listed here are former date.

9 - cut the dll files in the folder 'bkp-bp' and paste them in the folder 'pb' (C: \ Program Files \ EA GAMES \ Battlefield 2 \ pb)

only that!

seems really complicated, but after that you did twice is very easy and fast.

I will explain what you are doing here: if you reinstall the game, he always work for the first time and give the problem the second onwards. because the punkbuster is installed only after reading the map, already accessing the server. following the steps above, we are leaving the state of punkbuster exactly as it is when you install the battlefield2.

when I say to create the folder bkp-bp, there is to copy the original files of the facility, to back. after making the first time, you can also copy the six htm files get listed above, then you just delete everything in the folder htm and copy what you saved a backup. but do this only with the dll, as taught. htm folder always appear only two new files, updates the punkbuster.

I have written other, I hope it has been clear, if they have other suggestions pls

and the most important:

Guys that work at punkbuster! find a definitive solution to the problem. punkbuster the purchase was made to protect, not to interfere.

I hope that it help all,

hugs
Old 07-16-2008, 04:15 AM   #5
Onyx_O85

lol thanks a bunch man!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 04:23 AM   #6
Brummy

Send a message via MSN to Brummy

So basically, I have to to this every time I play ?

Anyway, thanks! I'm trying it right now.

Edit:

Umm, I don't have pbclold.dll?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
Old 07-16-2008, 11:38 AM   #7
Brummy

Send a message via MSN to Brummy

Hehe this definitely works!

Kudos to you mate

|
Old 07-16-2008, 07:12 PM   #8
Welshboy

Send a message via Skype™ to Welshboy
Thumbs up Re: Punkbuster

Thanks so much. This helped a lot.

Old 07-16-2008, 07:31 PM   #9
flem615

do you have to do this every time before you play?
Damnit im getting kicked for no packet flow, idk why, i followed the steps exactly
Last edited by flem615; 07-16-2008 at 08:04 PM..
Old 07-16-2008, 10:16 PM   #10
Enzo

i don't have that pbclold.dll file and also them six files in my html folder are different does that matter?

la001392
lc002086
ma001392
mc002086
wa001392
wc002086

apart from that i done exactly what you said and still doesnt work, at this point ive probably done everything everyone has advised to do to try and fix this situation but still doesnt work for me

anymore ideas?
i really dont wanna leave Pr as its my favourite game but by the looks of things i'm gonna have to until PB does something about it

Tags
punkbuster