project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
30 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2008, 02:27 PM   #1
Ironcomatose

Default Here we go again, lag/frame rate trouble.

For those of you who remember the last time i had this problem you should already be familiar with it but let me explain it again.

This problem started late during version 6(I think) of PR and even stopped me from playing for a while.

The problem is when i play any map with any ping i will get bad lag/ frame rates, making the game unplayable when the shooting starts. I have no idea why it happens and it just happens out of no where. It didnt happen at all during version 5 and most of version 6 but one day i turned PR on and the above described situation occurred. So guess what? Yesterday i turned on PR and this "problem" is back!!

The way i was forced to fix it last time was with a reformat but i dont want to do that again. It seems to me like its a cumulative issue of some sort because as i said, at first everything is fine but then after months of fine playing, BANG! Im screwed.

So maybe it has to do with a new feature in PR that effects me in a bad way or maybe its something i did to my PC. Things like the destructible buildings or new shader effects, maybe even the new sounds. I do have one new idea though, it seems like this problem started to occur after i got a new sound card, the sound blaster x-fi fatality professional series sound card(http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop_i...cfbc9a2f04.jpg). So it might have something to do with that.

Well i know this is a lot to read but if i cant fix this, then i am truly done with PR for at least a very long time. Please help.

My Specs:
- I have a HP pavilion with windows XP sp2
- P4 2.8ghz, 2.8ghz(apparently i have two CPUs)
- 2 gigs of ram
- The x-fi card
- ATI VisionTek Radeon x1300 256MB graphics card

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]DuneHunter - No offense to any female gamers, but never, ever underestimate the amount of havoc a woman can unleash upon innocent unsuspecting electronics.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:03 PM   #2
Brummy

Send a message via MSN to Brummy
Default Re: Here we go again, lag/frame rate trouble.

Update Drivers, I guess.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
Old 06-24-2008, 05:07 PM   #3
thepalerider

What are your audio setting in game?
Hardware=Max?
EAX=checked?
Pull the side panels off your computer and see if it helps.(over heating?)
You put another heat source (audio card) inside your case.
Did you clean everything while you had it open?
Did you clean the power supply fans too?

Just a thought.

"There's nothin' like a nice piece of hickory"

I play on
where it's all about the teamwork.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:40 PM   #4
Ironcomatose

I recently cleaned the entire inside of my PC and yes all of my settings in game are good to go. I dont think its over heating because i always have my AC on so its rather cool in my room, you could even call it cold. Thanks for your thoughts though. I may see about the drivers.

[R-DEV]DuneHunter - No offense to any female gamers, but never, ever underestimate the amount of havoc a woman can unleash upon innocent unsuspecting electronics.

Tags
lag or frame, rate, trouble