project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
20 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2008, 09:27 PM   #1
Ironcomatose

Default Need help formatting/ReFormatting my PC.

Simply put, i dont know where to begin. I want to start fresh and reformat my PC. I do not have the windows CD but i know for a fact i dont need it because my brother did it last year without it.

Basically i need a step by step. Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]DuneHunter - No offense to any female gamers, but never, ever underestimate the amount of havoc a woman can unleash upon innocent unsuspecting electronics.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:36 PM   #2
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

as I posted in the other topic:

Quote:
if you are using XP which you probaly are, its a pretty simple process. I think there are some tutorials on the net on how to do them, let me just see.

ye here looks like a pretty good one just give a brief scan over: EDIT: screw that link saw its for win 95 so its out of date hehe, this is a better one: Clean Installation of Windows XP

make sure you backup your files you want to keep onto CDs or external hard drives etc before formatting. Like for exsamnple I back up all my imporant docs, my map and other PR work, music and other stuff like that all onto a 2nd HDD that I remove, thou i also back up onto DVDs etc.

print it out and then follow it step by step, dont try to memories it and you can recheck it 1/2 way though a format without printing it out, unless you have anouther PC to look at it on

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:02 PM   #3
Ironcomatose

There is nothing on this PC worth saving(although my GF will be mad to hear that her songs are gone MUAHAHHAHAHA). So there is no need for me to back up. The most important things to me are my games which i have on disks and internet which is already there.

As i said in the other thread i no longer have a printer and i dont have the windows xp disk which most of the tuts ask for.

[R-DEV]DuneHunter - No offense to any female gamers, but never, ever underestimate the amount of havoc a woman can unleash upon innocent unsuspecting electronics.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:13 PM   #4
Swe_Olsson

Send a message via ICQ to Swe_Olsson Send a message via Skype™ to Swe_Olsson

HP and Compaq Desktop PCs -  Performing an HP System Recovery in Windows XP 

posted this in the other thread aswell