project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
02 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2008, 12:20 PM   #11
Bamboo

Also, before you reinstall XP (which might help some, and I used to do at least once a year), remember that XP service pack 3 is supposed to be out later this month, and a lot of people are seeing a good boost just from installing that. Some sites have said it made their long running XP machine seem to run as fast as new.
And reinstalling XP is really easy to do, as long as you still have all your disks you got from Dell. If not, I suggest you contact them for the disks, but they usually charge like $10 for shipping I heard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:31 PM   #12
Ryan3215

Well, Since right now I cant d otoo many drastic things. My plan is to buy a new case, one which offers more accessability; and jsut work from there. I will keep all of my hardware except for my case and PSU, then slowly work from there. I will replace the motherboard first, get a new vid card, and everything else over the course of 2-3 months. Then once I am up to snuff I will upgrade as necessary whe nthe time comes. Thanks for all of your input guys, you saved me from making some dumb mistakes and I think I even learned a couple new things
Old 04-01-2008, 08:59 PM   #13
Bamboo

Since your in the same boat I was last summer, you might not be able to install 1 thing at at time. Any new motherboard isn't going to accept your CPU, memory, and GPU, and vise versa for all those. What I ended up doing is buying the MB 1 month, the GPU another, the CPU and memory another, and finally the PSU and case. It was extremely hard to look over to the shelf and see all the new things that I couldn't put together, but it meant I could pay my bills and none of it went on credit cards.
Was so worth it for what I have now.

Here is 1 last guide for you
PC Building Guide | NordicHardware

Written for someone very new to computers, but with tons of links for when you want to learn more.
Would be a big help to anyone just starting out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
card, upgrade, video