project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
21 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2008, 01:26 AM   #1
tjwojo
Default Error message regarding Bf2 and the PR patch .75

Hi, I'm a new player to this mod, and i have to say the game is very good, extremely realistic and highly entertaining, besides some connection issues and general performance issues, which I'm sure i can fix.

But I digress to my main focus

After patching up to .75 yesterday, I played it today and after decided to play vanilla bf2. Upon finding a server to get onto, the map loaded and when i went to click "join" I received an error message like this.

"This server only allows players with unmodified content to join. Revert your version of BF2 to the current version to join"

My bf2 worked prior to the patch but when i installed the patch, it started giving me that message. Please, if you know how to fix this problem, please help.

I noticed when playing single player Special Forces (also afflicted by this message) that the haziness was similiar to PR, but i am not sure if that was already there. Just trying to help you help me.

Thank you again!
Old 03-21-2008, 06:29 AM   #2
[R-DEV]Deadfast
PR:A3 Lead Developer

Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]Deadfast Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]Deadfast

Your PR crashed before, didn't it ?

That means the custom PR shaders weren't unloaded.

Just normally start PR and shut it down using the Exit game button and the problem should be gone

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:17 PM   #3
tjwojo

I have no real problem with PR, its about BF2, but i think PR may have had something to do with it because of the new download. It gives me the error message in my original post. I was wondering how i could play my Battlefield 2 without the error message, not PR.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:51 PM   #4
[R-DEV]Deadfast

Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]Deadfast Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]Deadfast

I know.

PR uses moddified shaders that are loaded instead of original BF2 shader when you start the mod by PR shortcut.
Original shaders are moved back when you quit the game.

If the game is shut down incorrectly (crash, CTRL+ALT+DEL, ATL+F4(?)) then the shaders won't be moved back and that's where the problem starts.

To get the original shaders in their place just start PR, let it load to main menu and just quit it by the 'Exit Game' button.

Everyting should be working correctly now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:16 PM   #5
tjwojo

thanks a lot! You were a big help to me
Old 03-21-2008, 02:02 PM   #6
[R-DEV]Deadfast

You're welcome

Tags
bf2, error, message, patch