project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
25 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2008, 02:02 PM   #1
jadebullet

Default Why are some objects "Shiny?"

Seriously i was playing to day on max graphics settings and i noticed that some of the objects such as sandbags, would shimmer and seemed metalic. Any idea what this is.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:40 PM   #2
Garack

An old BF2 Bug.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:02 PM   #3
jadebullet

oh, is there anyway to fix it
Old 03-14-2008, 03:22 PM   #4
WeeGeez
Supporting Member

Nope.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:59 PM   #5
Nickbond592
Retired PR Developer

fraid not to my knowledge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Smeg: Fuzz commands a lot and promotes good teamwork, db flips vehicles, Bosco is an all-round nub, Outlawz is an SP whore, Nickbond is a friggin ninja and Rhino gets kicked for being a n00b.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:54 PM   #6
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Mines does this if the anti-aliasing is on- Turned it off and it works fine.

Another solution i've heard, but doesn't have a high success rate is to re-optimise ur shaders. To do this you need to delete a particular cache in ur bf2 directory, but i cant' remember the path soz.

Old 03-15-2008, 04:45 AM   #7
[R-COM]SnipingCoward
Support Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2B Rudd View Post
Another solution i've heard, but doesn't have a high success rate is to re-optimise ur shaders. To do this you need to delete a particular cache in ur bf2 directory, but i cant' remember the path soz.
Code:
\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache
me thinks, but resetting to defaults should help too

Got a PROBLEM? Check this:

Got a common QUESTION? check here first:

"Hello, IT! ... Yes, have you tried turning it on and off again?"
Old 03-15-2008, 08:53 PM   #8
Tef

Not meaning to thread jack but this is kind of relevant: I was playing on Qwai a couple days ago and this cobra (or apache which ever atk chopper n qwai.) crashed at the base and the wreck shimmered like my graphics card was overheating but nothing else shimmered black and I had my fans to 100% and i'ts never overheated on me before.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:42 PM   #9
ConscriptVirus

^^ got any screenshots? the shimmering (for me) seems to have only happened with sandbags. and i think just even restarting the game fixes the problem temporarily

"These things we do that others may live"
Old 03-15-2008, 11:47 PM   #10
Tef

No sadly I didn't think to hit me printscreen button or xfire screenshot. The crash just turns shimmery black like when your GFX card over heats but the thing is its never over heated on me before and my fans were at full power and I had just started playing....

Tags
objects, shiny