project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
17 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2008, 10:42 AM   #11
Rezza(Ultra$hot)

Send a message via Skype™ to Rezza(Ultra$hot)

Solution?
Old 01-18-2008, 11:08 AM   #12
[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto

I had a similar issue on Red Orchestra before I upgraded my RAM and video card. When I would go iron sights, mainly with snipers, the screen would fully go black. Lower some settings, it SHOULD help. If not, Id say upgrade your video card...

*edit*
after reading your specs, I guess I would say like the other who said it earlier, your card might just be failing? idk... all I know is that for me, my settings were on the upper edge and once turned down, the blackness went away. Then, once I upgraded, everything was fine on higher settings...

Solution? Buy a new card. or use its warranty, if available...

"[An intelligence officer is] an instrument of his country, an observer and reporter of information."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:14 PM   #13
Losus_Deliosus

As others have said, it sounds like video card failure.

If your video card has active cooling (a fan) make sure it is clear of debris and dust, also insure the fan is spinning at an optimal speed when playing things like PR (make sure it is actually exhausting a decent amount of air.

If the card is passively cooled then it may need at least an 80mm fan blowing in the general direction of the passive heatsink on the card to assist it in cooling.

If all else fails then check on your video card's warranty and see if you can get it replaced.

...the cake is a lie the cake is a lie the cake is a lie...
Old 01-21-2008, 06:25 PM   #14
mordis

Hmm weird thing, I also got this today in Jalab. Only happened with automatic rifleman. I got a black box about half the screen wide when I zoomed in. It was quite a challenge trying to hit anything when zoomed...
In previous maps I've played A-R on both sides without troubles. X1950 Pro radeon here, maybe its the ATI drivers? I got 7.1 Omegas right now. Also, high settings except no AA, 1280x1024 resolution.

Oh, and hello, hadn't posted before
Old 01-21-2008, 06:32 PM   #15
[R-COM]SnipingCoward
Support Technician

again: as the others said, check if your system/gfx card is overheating - there are tools that can show you the temp - i guess

Got a PROBLEM? Check this:

Got a common QUESTION? check here first:

"Hello, IT! ... Yes, have you tried turning it on and off again?"

Tags
graphic, problem