project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
24 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2006, 03:55 PM   #31
[7E]ToJo

I will get this to him and find out what he thinks we should do next.

ABR Developer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:04 PM   #32
BrokenArrow
Retired PR Developer

Thanks again for your help.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-05-2006, 05:41 PM   #33
Mr Groch

Hi,

I have been playing PRMM 4 days... From the begining all was fine with my stats.
Problem occured when I have been promoted to private 1st class. My promotion wasn't
saved in database. But my score were still raising. I have now 354 pts, but still Private rank.

I have been promoted since then to private 1st class 6 times (all on ABR servers), but my promotion
and score since that moment didn't change in database... http://www.gloryhoundz.com/stats/pla...p?pid=43796348

I have tried to play with ABR client, but this doesn't worked either...

PS. With or without ABR client I can't look at my stats in BFHQ - its all
empty...
Old 02-05-2006, 08:04 PM   #34
solodude23

Send a message via AIM to solodude23 Send a message via Yahoo to solodude23

Same here, same with all that don't have thair rank show up on the main page. Any help?

http://gloryhoundz.com/stats/
Old 02-05-2006, 10:43 PM   #35
[R-DEV]TheRealFritz
Server Administrator
Supporting Member

The way you make the rank stick is by going to BFHQ in the main menu. For it to work there, you have to use the ABR client.. Or manually add the following line to windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts: 212.77.171.100 bf2web.gamespy.com

You should see a popup (for example after you disconnect from a game) that says you've been promoted. After you click OK, it goes to the backend.

If you're using the ABR client and BFHQ is not showing PRMM stats, that may be because your hosts file is write protected.. Virus Scanners and Firewalls are known to do that.

If BFHQ does not show PRMM stats, your rank won't stick (but also won't be lost, you'll just keep getting promoted in-game).

Old 02-06-2006, 02:54 AM   #36
Noetheinner

just wondering here.... I still play vanilla BF2 and my PRMM stats show up on that BFHQ stat page. Kinda got me worried if I promote in vanilla BF2 and nothing happens in game, no new unlocks and the such.

The Huey guy

Old 02-06-2006, 09:35 AM   #37
[R-DEV]TheRealFritz
Server Administrator
Supporting Member

If that happens I guess that means you're not using the ABR client?

For people who switch between Vanilla and PRMM, the ABR client is the best way to do it, otherwise you have to comment out (add a # in front of it) the bf2web line in your hosts file for BFHQ to show EA stats when you're playing Vanilla.

Old 02-06-2006, 10:12 AM   #38
Mr Groch

I don't know why, but ABR client doesn't work on my computer... I dont use any
firewalls and antyvius (only Windows XP firewall), and my hosts file istn't write
protected. When I edit that file manualy - all works fine, but ABR client don't
change anything....

PS. I just realized that ABR client changes the hosts file... If I edit hosts file manualy,
and launch ABR switcher, then in my hosts file all manually edited data disapears... But
no valid data has been written... It looks lika before my manually editing...
Old 02-06-2006, 11:17 AM   #39
[R-DEV]TheRealFritz
Server Administrator
Supporting Member

Well.. The whole point of the ABR client is that it only adds the entry while playing PRMM, thus making it compatible with playing ranked Vanilla.

So you'd have to launch the ABR client, join a game from there, ALT-TAB back to the desktop and check your hosts file.

Old 02-06-2006, 11:27 AM   #40
Mr Groch

OK - I started BF2 with ABR client, ALT + TAB, I have checked hosts file..
At the end of that file I can find:

193.43.92.202 bf2web.gamespy.com

This is not valid IP adress, isn't it?
I ahve been using ABR 0.6c

Tags
prob, rank