project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
20 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2007, 06:51 PM   #1
Rambo_Matt{USA}

Send a message via AIM to Rambo_Matt{USA} Send a message via MSN to Rambo_Matt{USA} Send a message via Yahoo to Rambo_Matt{USA}
Default AL Basrah Map is un-playable

Hi all,

I am having problems with the map "Al Basrah" I recently bought a new computer last week so I decided to warm up PR on it overall I have had very few problems with this mod on my PC I have managed to play all the maps on all high settings except for AL Basrah.

On my old computer AL Basrah worked fine (and I could play all maps on medium-high settings) and that one has a way slower processor and a older graphics card. I know this is not my PC because if it was then why am I able to play all the other project reality maps on high settings with no problems? As far as that goes I heard rumors running about that other people are having problems with this map as well so its not just me I believe its the map/mod and not my PC.

Its a shame cause this map is my favorite map out of all the PR maps I miss playing it on my old PC. I still have PR installed on my old pc next to my new one but it is alot harder to use now since the monitor is no longer in front of me.

Here is the settings for my new PC

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Hard Drive: 320 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
Sound Card: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Speakers/Headphones:
Keyboard: USB Root Hub
Mouse: USB Root Hub
Mouse Surface:
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_rtm.061101-2205

I am able to play all other maps on high settings with everything set on max

I have duel proccessors and duel graphics cards allthough I only have 1 grapics card for now.

My old PC is a AMD 2400 athlon, Geforce 7800, 2 gigs ram and windows XP

I prefer AMD over intell but INTEL is all I could afford since good PC's cost over a 1000$ and I am poor so this is all I could afford.

There is a few minor problems when loading my game inbetween map changes I seem to be kicked off my game back to destop. I really believe its a server problem cause this seems to happen to me alot on the Texas Team Player server.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:39 PM   #2
Long Bow

Hmm not 100% sure. I know Vista hogs the ram. I would try searching on here for Vista and see what comes up. There are some issues with it and BF2 I think.

I assume your playing 0.5 basrah? The newer version is supposed to give better fps.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:25 PM   #3
T0M@field

Send a message via ICQ to T0M@field

I dont know why so many wanna play dx9 games on vista.
the best performance for these kind of games will deliver WinXP.
If ur new pc has 2 GB RAM on vista or just 1 GB on WinXP... its quite the same

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:03 AM   #4
Cheeseman
Retired PR Developer

I don't know how many times I need to post this answer for those of you who don't feel like searching a little for your problems. I'll paste my very recent reply to a similar issue someone else had:

Quote:
If you’re playing .5 Al Basrah, then the lag is because of a light-map problem which is fixed in .6.
For .5 try bringing your textures down to medium, while keeping everything on high. Also I did experience bad game play on 64bit version of Windows Vista Ultimate as well, but things improved when I installed Windows Vista Premium 32bit instead.
Again for Al Basrah .5 the issue is the light-maps which eat up a lot of VRAM and is addressed in .6. A lot of other people have had this Stuttering/Lag problem, but for people who have Windows Vista and the capability to run the game on high settings, the problem has shown to be more serious.
So for Al Basrah .5 you should bring down your Textures settings in BF2/PR to medium while keeping everything on high (or whatever you want).
Old 06-26-2007, 06:40 AM   #5
xreyuk

vista isnt a ram hog, people who dont know how to use it say it is.

Problem will be in your ram or g-card id imagine mate.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:39 PM   #6
Long Bow

Quote:
Originally Posted by xreyuk

So what your saying is Vista is a Ram hog if it isn't tweaked? Considering how new it is people will need some time to learn the tweaks. Perhaps instead of telling him how you are a Vista guru and he isn't perhahps you could give him some direction?

If it is in his RAM do you mean a phsyical problem? If so it would manifest in all maps not just Basrah. If you mean a RAM allocation issue I would say this is a Vista memory issue and he will need to tweak it, get more ram, or reduce the in game settings.

Please try to be a little more specific in your responce.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:14 PM   #7
Cheeseman
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xreyuk

O'really? I've been running Windows Vista since its release in January 30, 2007; I can sure as hell tell you my performance dropped in almost every game after the switch from Windows XP Pro. Now I like Windows Vista's new features and looks, but it hasn't given me any performance increase in anything other than tasking speed.

Take a look at the Multi meter in my Sidebar. You can see how much of my RAM and CPU is being eating up while I’m running practically nothing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Bow
So what your saying is Vista is a Ram hog if it isn't tweaked? Considering how new it is people will need some time to learn the tweaks. Perhaps instead of telling him how you are a Vista guru and he isn't perhahps you could give him some direction?

If it is in his RAM do you mean a phsyical problem? If so it would manifest in all maps not just Basrah. If you mean a RAM allocation issue I would say this is a Vista memory issue and he will need to tweak it, get more ram, or reduce the in game settings.

Please try to be a little more specific in your responce.
For Al Basrah .5 he only needs to bring down his ingame Textures down to medium while keeping everything else on high. This will surely fix his problem, without sacrificing too much.
Last edited by Cheeseman; 06-26-2007 at 04:20 PM..

Tags
basrah, map, unplayable