project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support
13 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2011, 06:29 AM   #1
declan54321

Default Use two USB headsets simultaneously?

Hey,

I have a query I think somebody should be able to answer here

Ok, basically I want to use two USB headsets at the same time. Details of both below:

Headset 1: USB headset with microphone, plus vibration bass.

Headset 2: 3.5mm headset connected to USB sound card.

I use headset 1 for the microphone, and headset 2 for sound. I also want to use headset 1 for the vibration bass, which would need it to be used as a speaker as well. How can I use headset 1 as both an output and an input device, and headset 2 as output?

Thanks for any help,
Declan

P.S. Only one side of headset one is working, hence me using headset 2 as output. I only need the vibrating bass of headset 1.

declan54321 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:05 AM   #2
CallousDisregard
Banned
Default Re: Use two USB headsets simultaneously?

2 sound cards
Somebody used 2 sound cards so they could have Mumble local in one ear and Mumble SL in the other, allowing him to mute whatever one he needed to.
The same setup should work for you.
CallousDisregard is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:50 AM   #3
SnipingCoward

You want to be having the same output signal on the headset - with 2 sound cards that is usually not possible, as programs will only use one output device. So what callous is suggesting is having multiple program's sounds split up on each headset. But I do not think that you want this.

There might be a hardware solution for you: a Y cable or splitter cable
However those are for 3.5mm jacks so if both headsets are utilising 3.5mm jack this should work for you.
If your Headset 1 only has the USB (no adapter with 3.5 to USB) then you are out of luck. But I guess since it is already broken you could think about cutting the cable open and solder a 3.5mm jack to it - then use the Y-cable approach.

Got a PROBLEM? Check this: PR:BF2 Installation Guide

Got a common QUESTION? check here first: PR:BF2 FAQ, MUMBLE FAQ

"Hello, IT! ... Yes, have you tried turning it on and off again?"
SnipingCoward is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 08:03 PM   #4
Pedz
Supporting Member

You could possibly use the 5.1 jacks at the back. Plug the "vibration headset" (not sure what you mean there) into the Bass + Centre speaker jack, and the headset you want to use for sound + mic into the usual sockets. That way the bass sections should (if you enable bass-redirection in your sound settings) be redirected to one of the headphones speakers.

Pedz is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
headsets, simultaneously, usb