project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support
30 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2010, 02:40 PM   #21
DonMendonsa
Default Re: Help me! D; I wanna play! I miss it!

*sigh*.... Might I ask how I would reinstall Windows 7 and ALL drivers? And how much it would cost? As I'm assuming this would inquire some money.
DonMendonsa is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 05:50 PM   #22
Kilgore.dfa
Supporting Member

If you do it yourself it won't cost any money at all.

Do you have a copy of Windows 7 that came with your PC?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kilgore.dfa is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 06:47 PM   #23
DonMendonsa

No disc came with it.... It was installed for me. T-T.... This is stupid! I really don't understand why I have to do something like this for a high end computer!

Explain to me how this makes sense:

A computer with THESE specs can even RUN the game, lag aside:
Windows Vista Home Premium
HP Pavillon dv9700 Notebook PC
AMD Turion 64 x2 Mobile Technology TL-60 2.00GHz
RAM: 3GB
Sys Type: 32-Bit OS

And a computer with THESE specs can't run the game AT ALL:
Windows 7 Home Premium
HPE-210y
AMD Phenom II X4 945 Processor 3.00GHz
RAM: 8GB
Sys Type: 64-bit OS

The first specs are the specs of my old old laptop and the one I found out about PR on. Now even though the laptop couldn't run the game without lag for the world, it could and STILL can run the game without any errors. And yet, my souped up rig can't even run the game without encounetring SOME issue.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:19 PM   #24
Kilgore.dfa
Supporting Member

You are right, normally you wouldn't have to go through all these with a new computer. I understand your frustration. However, there's surely something going wrong with it. Either software or hardware. Most probably some weird software problem. That's why we think maybe it would help to reinstall your OS. I don't think any faulty hardware is likely because you say everything else is fine.

Would you ever think that your ethernet (LAN) driver could cause stuttering and lag in games? I reformatted 2 times and made 2 fresh OS install no joy. Why? Because i kept installed the same driver everytime. After some research i found a topic about it then all was solved.

Having high-end parts doesn't assure you won't have issues.

Computers can be tricky sometimes and unfortunately needs attempts to get over. It would be nice if there's someone you know who knows computers that could help you irl.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:37 AM   #25
DonMendonsa

I really don't know what else to do. I have NO money nor will I be receiving ANY for a long long time. This has been an ongoing issue since summer started. I got this computer soley for the purpose to play this game. I'll give you two very good reasons why.
1. People don't screw around in this game and if they do, they get kicked.
2. I have about 40-70 friends behind me ready to jump on the oppurtunity to buy themselves a good computer to play with me only if my computer gets set up because they all kind of like to follow me because I know good games when I see one. My purpose for this is to get more publicity for this Mod as it is sadly not played very often... 70 people is a whole server and a 1/3. I can't play CA anymore because of the children... I don't play AA3 because the game is faulty, repeatative and it sucks. I can't play the ARMA series because I can't afford it and it's MP isnt very popular as of yet.

Let me just throw this out there... This is another one of my reasons, which I'm sure you're all fed up of at this point, as to why I don't think it's a HARDWARE issue. When I got this computer, my friend gave me the Battlefield 2 Disc for PC as he knows I'm a big BF2 fan. I would play it while trying to set up PR. BF2 worked FINE. For the following week, PR worked FINE. Then the issue occured. And in my quest to fix it, there was a suggestion to get rid of PR and just try playing BF2 to check an internet theory. Well while exploring this theory, I run into another issue(Or more truthfully... the same issue). NOW.... BF2 is giving me the same problem. BF2 doesn't have video requirements such as PR's. But w/e happened with PR seeded to BF2. BF2 ran perfect for a solid 4 weeks(Including the one week after PR was installed and working properly). And then, as soon as the PR issue arises, THIS happens to where I can't even play BF2 anymore which at this point, I would kill for... Oh yes....

I don't know WHAT in the God Given Sanctum of Holyness happened.... I really don't. Now, I'm at this crossroad where I can't play anymore and, to be honest, I'm devastated. NOT because the given and attempted ideas haven't worked so far(Believe me... I REALLY appreciate all the help), but... because my Grandma spent a whole lot of money on this computer for me because she knew I really wanted it... I feel horrible now because I feel I've wasted her money which is on a hair in our current situation. I really haven't gotten a pleasurable gaming experience than that of PR; No less BF2. So... Ya know... Hopes kind of fading. I want to support PR because I think it's a beautiful Mod. Aside from a few bugs and kinks here and there, I would prefer this Mod over every other.

Now, it's the end of Summer and I haven't really gotten the chance to have my last gaming blowout before College. My first day starts in only a matter of hours from this very moment of me typing this. And sadly, I won't be able to play PR as much anymore if at all.
It's just been on my mind lately and I thought I'd throw it out there because I'm tired of feeling like a jackass in all of my posts. :/ Sadly I think my story ends here for a while.

Dev's at BSS, keep up the good work. And I want to thank the Dev's, Mod's, and Player's alike for the given assistance. Until the tide gives me a good wave... Peaceout :P Keep on gamin'!

(I just read that over and realized how dramatic it sounded. Sorry! I tend to do that by nature x3)
Old 08-23-2010, 03:37 AM   #26
[R-COM]Darkpowder
Support Technician

Based on all the information presented so far, i would say you need to consider presenting a scenario with a freshly installed machine, with no other applications installed aside from BF2/PR/Punkbuster.
Also, i'm not yet 100% convinced your drivers are up to date, or you have downloaded a "Microsoft Windows Update" driver that is "up-to-date" but has a bug, or has overridden your working drivers.

My suggestion still stands to have one of the tech-team contact you and do "Windows Assistance" so they can remote-connect and check it out and post some hard-info. Would also advise familiarising yourself with some of your mates at college who are computer-geeks to check out some of the stuff that has been suggested, including a full memory check.

Also, your 8GB memory you have still stands out, I don't think yet i have yet seen some info that says you have specified exactly what memory you have (identical paired memory sticks)? Standard procedure with any gaming problems is to pull out sets of sticks and see if stability installs (always leaving 2GB installed).

Would be interested to know the memory spec too (whats written on the memory stick - with code numbers from the sticker/branding on the card).

[R-COM]Darkpowder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:12 PM   #27
Kilgore.dfa
Supporting Member

With the new version out maybe you should try again. See if it works.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:27 AM   #28
DonMendonsa

Sadly, the game still say's Nay Nay to me. I'm STILL having the same issue.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:42 PM   #29
[R-COM]SnipingCoward
Support Technician

I appologize in advance for not bothering to read the 3 pages from this and 4 pages from the other thread.
But maybe I can mention something you haven't tried yet.

Check your "Event Viewer" esp. in "System" for everything not "Information" that might indicate that either processes are failing when you attempt to load or not starting at all at system start.
Also check out the "Reliability Monitor" for a brief form of the event viewer.

Double check that all installers (BF2, BF2 patches [1.41 and 1.5], PR) are not corrupted using check sums like MD5: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-...ml#post1474278

Run "Windows Memory Diagnostic" to check RAM for defects.

Run chkdsk with "/r"-parameter on your drives.

Got a PROBLEM? Check this:

Got a common QUESTION? check here first:

"Hello, IT! ... Yes, have you tried turning it on and off again?"
[R-COM]SnipingCoward is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:16 AM   #30
DonMendonsa

Like it was mentioned in a different post addressing the same issue, I had remote-assistance offered to me. For what you just suggested... Remote-Assistance would be awesome. I'm not trying to be lazy or anything... I'm trying to get as much help as I can. Please... Remote-assistance would be great... Date and times please?

Tags
miss, play, wanna