project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support
28 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2010, 07:52 AM   #31
[R-COM]SnipingCoward
Support Technician

Default Re: Unbelievable Loading Time -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMendonsa View Post
Can you specify what this may look like?
The HDD-LED is a small (usually green or red) lamp on your PC which indicates access to the hard drive. (As opposed to the constantly glowing power-LED).
If the LED is either eagerly flickering (which it should, since there is quite some data to be read from the drive), not flickering at all or almost constantly glowing. The latter could indicate hardware and/or driver problems causeing the loading of data to be incredibly slow.

Do you experience other slow loading processes (i.e. slow system start)? This would inidcate a system wide problem (i.e. not limited to BF2).

Further things to investigate:
- Use the "Ressource Monitor" (type this into the windows start menu search). Run this to monitor the loading process. If you could provide screen shots of the graphs and figures regarding the loading, it might prove helpful.
- Search the windows event logs for errors: Windows 7 Event Viewer (post a screenshot if there are error messages, provide details of the error)
- In your specs "ATI display adapter (0x68BE)" sounds strange. Do you have 2 grafics cards and are they supposed to run in crossfire mode?

Got a PROBLEM? Check this:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Got a common QUESTION? check here first:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Hello, IT! ... Yes, have you tried turning it on and off again?"
[R-COM]SnipingCoward is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:34 PM   #32
DonMendonsa

Well, the only "lamp" I ever see moving at all is this one I see on the front of my Tower. It looks like 3 CD's stacked on top of eachother. But to ease a more obvious though, I only have two CD docks and no disc changer so I don't know exactly what it means. I don't have a CD in the drive so it wouldn't cause it to flicker. I'm seeing it flash for about half a second right now... Turns on and off from time to time. I'm not sure if this is what you mean.

Just for the record; Right before I replied to this, I managed to join a game. Got through two matches, left to go eat, came back, and the problem is persistent once more. Just thought I'd let you in. I got my fix so I think I can hold out a little longer. =D

When it comes to loading, everything else is fine. Start up, other games, internet, etc.

I have no Resource Monitor; Typed it in, nothing came up.

No errors appeared with the Event Viewer while loading or exiting the game.

I have ONE graphics card and I assure you theres nothing wrong with it. It's an ATI Radeon HD 5450.

Although I appreciate the help, you have to realize that this computer hasn't undergone any serious cracshes or anything. This is brand new. $2,377.96. I had everything professionally installed. Adware and everything removed. I guarantee you, theres nothing wrong with my computer. Supporting this is the fact, that I have played quite a few games already. I'm sorry if I sound crude. But what I'm worrying about now is that we're going to have to go further than nessecary to figure out what the problem is. (I.E. Altering computing settings). And as I'm sure you know, some problems do go that far. Just... please note that I am very grateful for this computer and the last thing I want to do is go through the building blocks of it to try to get a game working... Although I'm very determined to play it.
DonMendonsa is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:28 AM   #33
[R-COM]SnipingCoward
Support Technician

Resource Monitor is a tool integrated in windows 7, you might find it as "perfmon.exe" in "C:\Windows\System32". (Maybe you had a spelling mistake?)

Quote:
I got my fix so I think I can hold out a little longer.
Which one would that be?

Quote:
I guarantee you, theres nothing wrong with my computer.
While you have paid alot of money, alot seems to work ok and although the reseller swears there everything is ok, it just simply is possible that it is not. There can be a wide variety of things that are wrong with a computer and some only manifest at rare instances making it virtually impossible for retailers to give you 100% assurance. Also, new hardware can have defects too. But thats nothing I will try to have you figure out in detail as this is too hard to do in a forum.

Since this problem seems to only apply to you it is very likely that the problem is on your end (or maybe even a BF2 issue) rather than within PR (although we admit PR is not 100% perfect ).

Quote:
I have ONE graphics card and I assure you theres nothing wrong with it. It's an ATI Radeon HD 5450.
When you have posted your system specs you wrote:
Quote:
ATI display adapter (0x68BE)
ATI Radeon HD 5750 Card
The first line is merely a generic report that there is a graphics card. The second one identifies the graphics card. I do not know where you have copied that information from, but it usually there should only be one graphical device registered, when there is only one card installed. This may indicate that you are having driver issues.

Basically I can only think of one more thing to try: revert your graphics drivers (Catalyst Control Center) to an earlier version. Maybe there is an issue with the latest drivers only?

For further help: From my point of view you should get some one to check this out in person or at least with voip and remote assistance.

Sorry if we can't really be of much help anymore.

Got a PROBLEM? Check this:

Got a common QUESTION? check here first:

"Hello, IT! ... Yes, have you tried turning it on and off again?"
[R-COM]SnipingCoward is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:21 AM   #34
DonMendonsa

"fix": Slang for temporary satisfaction

ATI display adapter (0x68BE)
ATI Radeon HD 5750 Card

I don't know about that first part. I never typed that in. Maybe it's part of the specs page that automatically adds something like that to make it seem more official. Idunno. I typed it myself because I had the box next to my feet. It didn't have that first part on it so it wasn't me.

I honestly don't know how to reply to the other stuff. With your professional support plus my at-home know how, nothing is adding up. I went to buy the computer with a friend. The next day he purchased a computer exactly like mine except he got a better graphics card. We went back two days later to pick em up and they said they both were fixed up the exact same the only difference was the graphics card. He's been playing for a bit. I've been asking him to help me out. I've been comparing and contrasting settings, times, etc. to his. This isn't matching up. I just DON'T know...

What I'd like to see from you however is to make a PURELY Singplayer version of the game. The singleplayer already available isn't much of singleplayer because the game itself still requires you to log in and have internet access to even start the game. And when you create a singleplayer match, the match is still posted on the internet ensuring some tie with the internet connection. A singpleayer version of this game that doesn't hook anything up to the internet and doesn't really require a username or password would be phenomenal. I understand how this would cause an inconvenience seeing as you would probably have to create a whole new client just for singleplayer so the current version wouldn't have any internet conflictions. I don't know. Just a thought. The reason why I want to play really is just to fly the helicopter. Sure there are simulators... but none that are FREE and have bullets and flak flying past you.... Increases the experience and the value.

But until that day... I guess this is goodbye PR for me...
Old 06-22-2010, 01:03 PM   #35
SocketMan

It was a "separate" game for a while (PRSP),but still even now you can run the single player
without internet,just need to use the default bf2 (offline) account.
2300$ is a lot of money for any PC,in fact I would say it*s way too much for the
specs that you have listed.Let*s wait a few days,something tells me there will be another file to download & try soon enough.
Tends to happen after the highlights get posted on the front page.
If all fails,we could try a Remote Desktop feature later on.
Take note of the times when the game does work,maybe there is a pattern.
Does anyone else have access to your PC (and router)
SocketMan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:25 PM   #36
DonMendonsa

Well about $400-$600 was to get them to install everything because I don't know how to install cards, power supplies, the whole shebang. It also came with(standard) a blu-ray player and 1TB of Memory. I asked if I could tone it down and they said they couldn't take it out so I kinda got stuck with about an extra $200 added on. ANYWAY!

Mom has access to the router but the most she ever does is AOL.com mail. And then shuts down the computer. Howevere, both her laptops are screwed ATM so she can't get online with them so I'm the only one in the household who's on the computer/router.

Tags
loading, time, unbelievable