project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support
19 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2012, 05:46 PM   #11
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive
Default Re: UTP cable splitter/switch/router ?

Thanks. Very strange setup and I could never make it work with switches without assigning static IPs to client PCs. Ill leave this open in case you get into issues with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CATA4TW!
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:31 PM   #12
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

As I said, it works fine with even the simplest hub. The clients are connected to the router via said hub. Dynamic IPs is no problem.

Powerlan is just how I'm connected to my router, might a wel be a 20m cable, makes no difference (in this case).

Powerlan is easy and not that expensive. My set is about 60 euros, "200 mbit". My router is connected to 1 powerlan adapter. Then it goes through my electricity net to the other powerlan. That one is connected to my switch. And all computers are connected to that switch, all use dhcp. It works perfectly, as it's supposed to btw .

Replace the powerlan adapters with a cable and it works exactly the same. I had that setup in my previous house. I've setup multiple home networks like that, works every time.

Last edited by [R-DEV]AfterDune; 07-21-2012 at 06:38 PM..
Old 07-27-2012, 05:15 AM   #13
NyteMyre

Just a quick update for this thread

The new setup has been laid out and it works perfectly. No need for manual IP's or anything. Just plug in, and i got connection.

Fun fact also: With the old setup i got about 40-50% of the connection speed (8 to 10Mbit of 20Mbit) that was available to me, but with this setup i get about 90 to 100% (!) (50Mbit of 50Mbit)

NyteMyre is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
cable, utp