project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support
29 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 06:47 PM   #11
Ewokinarmor
Default Re: 1.5 problems again? >.>

is this problem by any mean linked to the 1.41 patch, because this started occuring right after i installed it
Ewokinarmor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:04 PM   #12
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive

Litoralis, sorry for interfering here but can we get straight answer? Does the Ewokinarmor have LEGIT CD KEY or not? In case of negative answer there is no point continuing this torture, since nothing will help. Absolutely there is NO WAY you can play PR without owning LEGIT copy of BF2.

If you bought BF2 please tell where you bought it. Is it hard copy ( cd/dvd) or Steam edition, Origin, etc..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CATA4TW!
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:09 PM   #13
Ewokinarmor

really sorry about that. i DO have a legit copy of bf2, but the fix just will not work. I have also tried running PR in compatibility mode, and running as admin. i bought it over amazon and the cd key has worked perffectly before. It is a hard copy of the special edition taht ahs all of the booster packs, but i wasnt able to install them due to the fact that EA has take the URL down.
Last edited by Ewokinarmor; 07-11-2012 at 10:15 PM..
Old 07-11-2012, 10:22 PM   #14
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive

Thats all I wanted to hear. Now we can continue. If you think you exhausted all you options posted here, then I think the best thing would be to start over and make sure you dont miss any of the required steps.

For a start uninstall PR, then unistall BF2 and Punkbuster. Once done with all that do a full system cleanup ( CCleanear, Disk Cleanup or whatever tool you use ), defragment, and reboot.

At this point, make sure you have Net Framework 3.5 SP1 and Microsoft Visual Studio C++ of any version installed properly. Update you DX9c while you're there to June 2010. REBOOT.

Next will be installation of BF2 and punkbuster services, then update punkbuster. Install patch 1.41 and test BF2 ( by running it ) to see if it works properly. If it does, proceed with installation of path 1.5 and once done TEST to see if BF2 runs properly once again. If it does, its time to REBOOT again.

After reboot proceed with installation of PR modification. When completed installation of all three parts ( and make sure you dont miss any steps while installing - install everything its asking ), then you can try it out and see if it works. If it does, it might be wise for you to cleanup your PC again, and DEFRAGMENT you drives.

Piece of cake right?

PS: Hold your horses, Litoralis might have something else to advise, so before you do this wait for him to reply. I dont see other options, but he might have something.

CATA4TW!
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:49 PM   #15
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Project Reality Beta Tester

The two ways to fix the registry that I posted above are the only two easy options left. If both are not working

than Ewok you can try to manually find and add this in your registry:
Quote:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield 2\
You need to add a new Reg_SZ key. Name it Version . Edit the Key and type in 1.5

Bookmark this location in your registry editor.

then find this:
Quote:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield 2 Special Forces
You need to add a new Reg_SZ key. Name it Version . Edit the Key and type in 1.5

Close your registry editor and test PR.

If this does not fix it you do need to follow Massive's plan of action in the post #14 above.
When you first reinstall your Amazon downloaded BF2, please make sure to check the vanilla BF2 menu to see if what version number is installed before you go and install the 1.41 full patch. It might be possible you bought a AMazon version that is already patched to 1.41 (or maybe even to 1.5). I doubt it, but it might be possible.
Sorry for the troubles, not sure why this is happening.

[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:53 PM   #16
Ewokinarmor

1st paragraph: I'll double check just to make sure

2nd paragraph: Full system cleanup- you mean sweep and delete all traces of bf2 from my registry, etc...?

3rd paragraph: Okay

4th paragraph: Alright

5th paragraph: ditto

Again, sorry for all the questions and trouble, I may know quite a bit about how a computer works, but I am absolutely no guru. I just keep the system running.
Ewokinarmor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:55 PM   #17
Ewokinarmor

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]LITOralis.nMd View Post
The two ways to fix the registry that I posted above are the only two easy options left. If both are not working

than Ewok you can try to manually find and add this in your registry:

then find this:

Close your registry editor and test PR.

If this does not fix it you do need to follow Massive's plan of action in the post #14 above.
When you first reinstall your Amazon downloaded BF2, please make sure to check the vanilla BF2 menu to see if what version number is installed before you go and install the 1.41 full patch. It might be possible you bought a AMazon version that is already patched to 1.41 (or maybe even to 1.5). I doubt it, but it might be possible.
Sorry for the troubles, not sure why this is happening.
I'll try, thanks for the help! ah! you thought i downloaded it? no, i bought it and it shipped over and I installed it, I thought I said it was a hard copy. And thats okay, you didnt cause these troubles. I got the Battlefield complete collection, meaning that EA said that if I typed my CD key into this place this link in the manual was supposed to send me to, i would be able to install all of the booster packs. They took the link down before I got it, so I wasnt able to install the packs. thats at least 5 dollars wasted... -_-
Last edited by Ewokinarmor; 07-11-2012 at 11:02 PM..
Old 07-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #18
[R-CON]Psyrus
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewokinarmor View Post
meaning that EA said that if I typed my CD key into this place this link in the manual was supposed to send me to, i would be able to install all of the booster packs. They took the link down before I got it, so I wasnt able to install the packs. thats at least 5 dollars wasted... -_-
Booster packs (Euro Forces, Armored Fury) come free in patch 1.5 - so yes it's wasted money as you seemingly paid for it.

Special Forces (the expansion) was/is not free.
[R-CON]Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:07 PM   #19
sharpie
Supporting Member

...Huh?

There is no 3.5 version for Battlefield 2. The version in question in this thread is version 1.5, which is the latest version of battlefield 2. This is the one you want.

"Tom I think you have influenced the combat effectiveness of this team! Everyone has gone full potato."~Foxxyfrost
[DM]P*Funk: its like a funk guitar seminar up in that bitch
[R-DEV] K_Rivers-"...everything is broken in your country,"
sharpie is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
&gt&gt, >>, problems