project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support
23 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #1
gazzthompson

Default When gaming, freeze/lag

Edit: Title should say 'weird' not when

made a post about it before, when playing BF3. Now started playing PRV and it happens in that as well, ill just copy paste:

keep getting a weird lag, i play on "auto" settings (most high) with a decent rig:

GTX 470
4GB
Quad core @3.2ghz
W7

But it keeps freezing up every 15-30 seconds, only for about... 1 or 2 seconds but it causes alot of rage and death. And i of course cant fly now.

Dont even know where to start, any ideas?

BF2/BF3 is on my SSD.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by gazzthompson; 04-10-2012 at 12:45 PM..
Old 04-11-2012, 05:20 PM   #2
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Project Reality Beta Tester
Default Re: When gaming, freeze/lag

Check event viewer for some information:

Click Start, right click My Computer, select Manage. On the Left Hand Side, select Event Viewer, from there select Windows Logs, in here check the System and Application logs to see if there are any Errors or Warnings. However there might not be anything listed here.

The RAM may be damaged, or the Hard Drive may be damaged. Could be a power supply issue, or a Graphics Card issue, could be a motherboard issue... And doubtfully, but possibly a CPU issue, although these are rare.

The best thing would be to test each part of the computer..

IF you put together a detailed post of your system specs you might get some people willing to help walk you through this.

To test RAM:
go here:
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
download the iso.
go here:
The Official ImgBurn Website
burn the memtest iso to a new CD, using imgburn,

reboot, go to BIOS Boot selection and choose CD drive, continue boot from CD,
test RAM with short, then long RAM test.

[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:16 PM   #3
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive

Or it could be Intels Turbo boost, which you should disable along with any powersaving features found in BIOS of you mainboard.

CATA4TW!
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:38 PM   #4
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]MaSSive View Post
Or it could be Intels Turbo boost, which you should disable along with any powersaving features found in BIOS of you mainboard.
This seems easiest, ill try this first :P how do i go about this?

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:02 PM   #5
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive

R U kidding me? BIOS on the motherboard man! Press DEL while starting PC enter bios find Turbo Boost and powersaving and turn it off.

Also this Disabling Intel Turbo Boost - Tautvidas Sipavi?ius

CATA4TW!
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:13 AM   #6
Ca6e

I had same problems, and my configuration of nvidia properties did the job.

just tryy to open nvidia control panel, go to Manage 3d setings--> program settings, choose Bettlefield 2, then use this settings for:

Ca6e is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:12 AM   #7
Mad-Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]MaSSive View Post
R U kidding me?]
We're not all smart lol

Mad-Mike is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:42 PM   #8
dzigiman
Send a message via MSN to dzigiman Send a message via Skype™ to dzigiman

I had the same problem when I installed the game on ssd......When I installed later on secondary hdd lag is gone......This could be a solution, trie to install on another drive if you have one .
dzigiman is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
freeze or lag, gaming