project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support
24 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 01:11 PM   #11
Cassius

Default Re: How do I purge all Graficcard drivers under Windows 7? System reboots on startup

I opened under Windows XP copies of Doxbox till I had only 1 gig of ram left and the system told me it was running low on memory. Both systems run without virtual memory.

I swapped the ram and that seems to have fixed it. What you wrote above makes sense, but it still does not explain why I get tons of errors under memtester86 (like 500.000), which boots from CD before any OS, with Corsair and the HD5850 installed but none with the onboardgrafik and corsair. Very curious.

By the way anybody interested in buying a corsair ram kit? Tested with Memtester86 no Errors .

|TG|cap_Kilgore

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cassius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:50 AM   #12
whatshisname55

Default Re: How do I purge all Graficcard drivers under Windows 7? System reboots on startup

You don't get errors when you use the onboard graphics because the faulty memory is allocated to the graphics, so memtest ignores it.
whatshisname55 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:14 PM   #13
Cassius

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatshisname55 View Post
You don't get errors when you use the onboard graphics because the faulty memory is allocated to the graphics, so memtest ignores it.
Okay makes sense. If Corsair ram craps out on me after 6 months I just dont know what to buy anymore. The ram had no heatsink and was pretty close to 2 hard drives (almost toutching the bay) might that have something to do with it?

Or could it have been fake ram? I bought the ram off Amazon, but not Amazon directly, one of the stores listed by them.

|TG|cap_Kilgore

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cassius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:27 PM   #14
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Project Reality Beta Tester

Have you tried installing the Video card, and putting the Corsair in slot 3 and 4, leaving RAM slot 1 and 2 empty, and then running memtest?

Also, I suggest you label the Corsair sticks now... stick A and stick B, you might try placing stick A in slot 1 and stick B in slot 2, testing. If fails, put A in 2 and B in 1, retest. If fails, Put A in 1, take B out of 2. retest. and again if fail, Put B in 1, leave A out of 2, retest.

Boring Boring and tedious testing, but will eliminate the possibility of a motherboard issue.

Both are just as likely.

If you have access to any other PC's for a few hours, burn a memtest86 CD or bootable thumbdrive, take the video card and RAM to that machine and test.

If it's only 6 months you can try to RMA the RAM, might as well get some new free RAM from Corsair for your troubles. HOwever, Corsair makes you pay for shipping, which might cost more than simply buying new RAM...

Warranty Info

[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:27 PM   #15
[R-COM]SnipingCoward
Support Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatshisname55 View Post
Nice, I wish I would have your ability to wrap things up like this.

Got a PROBLEM? Check this:

Got a common QUESTION? check here first:

"Hello, IT! ... Yes, have you tried turning it on and off again?"
[R-COM]SnipingCoward is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
drivers, graficcard, purge, reboots, startup, system, windows