project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support > Software & Operating Systems
31 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Software & Operating Systems Discussion on Computer Software & Operating Systems

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2010, 12:43 PM   #1
WeeGeez
Supporting Member

Default nvidiaCP tweaks - PR relevant

Anyone familiar with nvidia software, drivers and it's control panel will know its not that good.

I've done some research and simplified the control panel, how certain settings interact with BF2/PR and what settings work best.

Online sources include tweakguides, IGN and nhancer.

My OS: WinXP 32bit -SP2
I don't think the CP changed with Vista/Win7 except from maybe the introduction of a few DX11 settings. The example below features Forceware v92.91 - Not the newest I know but its the one that I feel works harmoniously well with the BF2 engine.

Removing glitchy nvidia Grass in-game
Another thing I noticed, even in the 0.95 Trailer on moddb is this Grass bug, which can be easily rectified by doing the following:
1 Delete the shader cache folder in the Battlefield 2 folder (under my documents).
2 Start up PR, turn Off AA in Video Settings. You will be instructed to restart PR. Do so.
3 After restarting make sure AA is off and load any map.
4 Wait for shaders to be optimized at load screen.
5 Once loaded, exit game completely.
6 Restart PR enable AA. Restart.
Glitch Eradicated.

Hidden Coolbits
If you want to give your hardware a boost check out CoolBits. This is a simple registry input which enables the nvidia overclock utility normally hidden within most Forceware.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by WeeGeez; 12-06-2010 at 02:18 PM..
Old 12-06-2010, 01:02 PM   #2
Robbi
Supporting Member
Send a message via MSN to Robbi Send a message via Skype™ to Robbi
Default Re: nvidiaCP tweaks - PR relevant

Stickied.

Cheers WeeGeez

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Robbi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:13 PM   #3
WeeGeez
Supporting Member

Default Re: nvidiaCP tweaks - PR relevant

Note that the paragraph on Trilinear optimisation is not 100% accurate.
PR plays well with this setting set to On and will at the same time increase image quality at further distances!

but remember for any changes to to effect BF2/PR, old shaders must be replaced with new ones. (delete old ones in bf2 folder under my docs).

my PR plays well like this. should be the case for anyone else also.

hope this helps a few of us.

WeeGeez is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
control panel, nvidia, nvidiacp, relevant, tweaks