project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support > Software & Operating Systems
21 Oct 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Software & Operating Systems Discussion on Computer Software & Operating Systems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 10:47 PM   #1
xtremeqban

Send a message via Skype™ to xtremeqban
Exclamation Windows XP InstallationError

Ok so i installed windows xp and there is a tiny scratch i didn't think much of on the disk and during the install it couldn't copy some files. After it was done installing i restarted comp and now during the system installation part it gets an error which i think is from all the missing files, so i finally smartened up and copied the files that are on the original disk to a new not scratched one and i need help getting my computer to were i can actually reinstall XP from the very beginning.
xtremeqban is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 05:18 AM   #2
SnipingCoward
Default Re: Windows XP InstallationError

When asking for help,
please remember to post your:
Operating System (OS)
systems specs (MoBo, GFX, Audio, generally hardware)

This is a bit difficult here. Since we do not exactly know how your system behaves on start up, right now.
I am guessing your are missing the part where you can start from the CD again.

The procedure to boot from CD depends on your motherboard (more precisely your BIOS). Usually you will be required to either enter some kind of boot menu with a button like F8 or ESC. There is usually a message stating which button to press. You will then need to select the CD drive.

Once it boots from the CD drive you will see a prompt that is generated by the CDs boot loader. It will ask of you to press any key. You should do that. From there on you will see the installation as before. You should try to have it reformat the target partition (all old data will be lost).

Depending on your CD you will have different options for installation. Usually Recovery CDs do not allow as much customization as OEM versions. To further help you in detail we will need that information as well.

Got a PROBLEM? Check this: PR:BF2 Installation Guide

Got a common QUESTION? check here first: PR:BF2 FAQ, MUMBLE FAQ

"Hello, IT! ... Yes, have you tried turning it on and off again?"
SnipingCoward is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 12:44 PM   #3
xtremeqban

Send a message via Skype™ to xtremeqban
Default Re: Windows XP InstallationError

Its windows vista home premium, i dnt know exactly what my system specs are but the processor is on my system specs on profile if tht helps. Its a oem version too and all that booting form the disc i had done but now it doesnt show that option, but if i cnt get this fixed my mum has her friend to fix it.
xtremeqban is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
installationerror, windows