project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support > Software & Operating Systems
24 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Software & Operating Systems Discussion on Computer Software & Operating Systems

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #1
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default RAT MMO7 double back button...

Hey guys,

been getting an annoying problem over the past few weeks with my Cyborg RAT MMO7 that I brought a few months ago which is sometimes when I push the back button on my mouse to go to previous page etc, sometimes I go back two pages instead of one.... I'm pretty damn sure I'm only pushing it once, as I've tested it a few times too, even if you hold down the button it doesn't respond until you let go so it isn't holding it down for a fraction too long or something like that and its not like you can press it twice by mistake, but for some odd reason I'm being sent back two pages....

Also I should note that this was happening before my format a couple of weeks ago, and with a format and with a newer driver version than I had before, is still happening... This also happens in explorer as well as firefox, not tried any other apps yet.

Anyone have any idea what might be wrong here? Its starting to get on my nerves...

Cheers!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 07-28-2012 at 10:30 PM..
Old 07-28-2012, 11:36 PM   #2
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Project Reality Beta Tester
Default Re: RAT MMO7 double back button...

Do you have any other mouse drivers installed and running? Logitech drivers, MS retail mouse drivers, etc?
do you also have a Cyborg Keyboard v7 or other Cyborg keyboard?

Some guy made this to help out... but you have to make custom pr0 profiles for each .exe

[Solved] Mad Catz Cyborg R.A.T and Keyboard v7 Auto-Profiler - Other-Peripherals - Computer-Peripherals

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:29 AM   #3
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

[QUOTE='[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd;1798573']Do you have any other mouse drivers installed and running? Logitech drivers, MS retail mouse drivers, etc?
do you also have a Cyborg Keyboard v7 or other Cyborg keyboard?

Use to have a MS mouse drivers for my old sidewinder on my old install but not on this one and have a Cyborg Keyboard (the orignal version), as well as an x52, rudder pedals, 3Dconnection SpacePilot but nothing new since before my format or at the time this started happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]LITOralis.nMd View Post
Some guy made this to help out... but you have to make custom pr0 profiles for each .exe

[Solved] Mad Catz Cyborg R.A.T and Keyboard v7 Auto-Profiler - Other-Peripherals - Computer-Peripherals
Awesome!

This is one of the big things I missed from the Sidewinder mouse I had before this one is where it could detect what app your running and change the profile. This will be really useful for me!

EDIT: doesn't work, it seems to detect ok but doesn't seem to apply the profile to the device
Probably cos I have so many Saitek products on my system

Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 07-29-2012 at 01:04 AM..
Old 07-29-2012, 03:28 PM   #4
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Project Reality Beta Tester

My wild arsed guess is one of your human interface devices has a macro triggered by "mouse button 5" and mimicking "mouse button 5" , causing it to double up or you got an VID/PID conflict.

if you got any other compliant mouse with 5 buttons (i.e. can work without custom drivers), plug it in and check to see if same problem occurs.

Next step would be to plug your RAT into another PC, do not insall drivers, , see if it's a physical problem with the physical key switch.

Then install the drives on other PC, see if it IS the drivers.

IF not physical, and not the drivers, then plug RAT back into gaming PC, turn on handicap accessibilty onscreen keyboard, and disconnect the Saitek keyboard and turn off password login, and reboot.

After that, well, drive sweeper or something similar to completely delete the RAT drivers and start over? IDK, it's not easy, this could be an old school HID IRQ or DMA conflict. !!! Real tech support questions no one under 30 in the PR community knows about. !!! We're getting old. I haven't had a similar problem since a game controller port issue in MS Flight Sim on Win98 :P

Quote:
Sound like VID/PID (Vendor/ Product ID) conflict.
keyboard and or peripheral and or and the mouse share the same VID/PID.
USBDeview is a good tool to check and recover this problem.

Plug off the keyboard, and run USBDeview.
Find the VID/PID of the keyboard.
Is the VID/PID assigned to the mouse, too?
If so, Right-Click and "Uninstall" both of them.
When the mouse is plugged in again, Windows will automatically install it.

You have to change the VID/PID of the keyboard or mouse.
On the firmware, VID/PID is defined in the device descriptor.
On the host app, VID/PID is also used to find the device. This could get tricky in web browsers... I's a whole other thing to get sorted in the about:config or maybe requires a registry tweak.

USBDeview
View any installed/connected USB device on your system
Another option,...

Download PortableApps, PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB, portable and cloud drives
install to hard drive or thumb drive,
download FF or Opera portableapps versions. Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edition | PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB, portable and cloud drives

Opera, Portable Edition | PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB, portable and cloud drives

Test to see if same problem occurs in those browsers.

[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
back, button, double, mmo7, rat