project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support > Software & Operating Systems
23 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Software & Operating Systems Discussion on Computer Software & Operating Systems

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2012, 05:04 PM   #1
Devilskills

Exclamation Punkbuster.xtr

Hello Guys, i have a really Big Problem here and it seems like my community to this is growing. As i played at the 17.05.2012 i recieved an update from Punkbuster ingame, and since then i cant play coz of following reason:
Too many failed certificate verifications (C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrB.xtr); Load denied.
So i get kicked for the communication failure: pnkbstr B initiation failed, i can go back one Patch and all works fine again, but i cant stop it from updating and get kicked that soonest the Game log tells me

Master Query sent
Masterinformation recieved
and thats my game since the 17.05

after i got this new Patch it tells me when i try to join any Server at the first time

Connection to the server is lost, do i try again i get kicked again coz of the "pnkbstr B initiation failed" same reason as before.

Please is there anyone who can help me out.
i even tried Even Balance Technical Support - End User License Agreement but this is the most useless Costumersupport i have ever seen!
Devilskills is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:39 AM   #2
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive
Default Re: Punkbuster.xtr

Quote:
Users that are getting kicked for "Service Communication Failure" (including the handshake failure type) have some other software that is blocking the PunkBuster services.

Some users have previously disabled the PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBsrtB.exe services in the past, and these services are now mandatory.

If the services are stopped/disabled, then PB will kick from this point forward.

Sometimes it is an anti-virus program (like an old version of McAfee Security Center), sometimes it is a personal firewall that are blocking the services. Any user who is getting kicked for this will have to stop whatever is blocking PB or configure the program to allow the two services.

The below link is a tool provided by PunkBuster that will help users who need to reinstall the services:

http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe

If the above PBSVC program does not pass all the tests, please ensure that any installed firewalls or other programs are not blocking the PnkBstrA/B services.

If that still does not do the trick, please open a ticket with PunkBuster here:
PunkBuster Online Countermeasures and be sure to paste the log from the PBSVC program within the ticket, and EvenBalance support should be able to help you in identifying what programs are blocking the services.
Try that and read trough this http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-...ions-here.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CATA4TW!
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:34 AM   #3
Devilskills

Default Re: Punkbuster.xtr

wow, thx Bro,
totaly forgot about this post when i was frustrating about that issue.
Well the problem was a missing certificate from Windows, for some reason i wasnt getting it automaticly.
(was still running XP Home)
When i downloaded it and installed it i was able to jump straight back into the Battle. ;P
Devilskills is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
punkbuster, punkbusterb, punkbusterb.exe, punkbusterxtr