project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support > Software & Operating Systems
02 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Software & Operating Systems Discussion on Computer Software & Operating Systems

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2011, 10:19 PM   #1
NyteMyre

Default [Win7] Computer boots automaticly

Since a few days, my computer has a new habit of starting automatically, 2 hours after i shut it down. I googled around a bit and found some various sources talking about "wake on...."
My motherboard has a "boot from onboard lan" function, but after disabling...it still boots automatically.

I further checked the network card and disabled "wake on magic packet" and "wake on pattern match", did a virus scan and checked if there are any scheduled tasks with "wake on..." enabled but without luck.

On a side note, this thing started to happen close after a sudden power failure in my area so it could be a hardware problem.....if so, is there any way to check that?

Until then, it's pulling the plug when my PC is not running.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
NyteMyre is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:22 AM   #2
Maverick

Default Re: [Win7] Computer boots automaticly

Maybe your machine was getting lonely? lol umm, it's strange that it happens after a power outage, I had one 2 days ago and my rig isn't doing anything like that.

Maverick is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:32 AM   #3
Pedz
Supporting Member

Sometimes PCs (I know mine has an option somewhere) to start on power cycle, meaning if there is a powercut and it comes back, the pc will automatically start. This maybe what you're experiencing, however not knowing all BIOS' off by heart, it might require a bit of digging around the power sections :P

Pedz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 04:04 PM   #4
NyteMyre

I turned off alot of other stuff in the bios like "RTC Alarm power on" and "ACPI HPCT Table".... but after 3 hours it again started by itself

I also tested something else:
After shutting down and pushing the power button on my powersocket (hope thats the right translation).... i pushed the power button after a few minutes and nothing happened. I did the same thing but waited 4 hours this time and when i pushed the power button on the socket, the PC immediately started booting

Really annoying

Ill remove the LAN connection tonight and see if it boots up again.

NyteMyre is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:41 PM   #5
Ramjali

Your computer might have turn on automatically thinking the CPU overheated when on sleep, becuase that's what sometimes happens with my asus board
Ramjali is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
automaticly, boots, computer, win7