project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support > OverClocking & Networking
17 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
OverClocking & Networking Anything related to Overclocking & Networking here

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2012, 04:46 PM   #1
Cpl.Small

Send a message via MSN to Cpl.Small
Default Cooling my CPU

So basically I won this CPU cooler at an expo: Akasa AK-CC4008HP01 Venom Voodoo CPU Cooler (Socket LGA775/LGA1155/LGA1156/LGA1366/LGA2011/AM2/AM3 [AK-CC4008HP01]

And I was wondering how much this would allow me to overclock my CPU, without it melting?
I have an AMD Phenom II X4 850 Processor 3.3GHz

Any help would be appreciated, if it's not worth using the cooler then I'll probably just sell it..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cpl.Small is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:55 PM   #2
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive
Default Re: Cooling my CPU

Im affraid not much. That CPU can go up to 3.7-4GHz maybe and you can do it on stock cooling possibly, but this cooler will help you keep it more stable.

Problem is that this CPU has locked multiplier and cant go very high, cause you will have to bump the FSB speed and voltages up, instead of just raising the multiplier and that will stress complete system ( RAM and mainboard included ).

**NEW** AMD Phenom II X4 Quad Core 850 "95W Edition" 3.30GHz - PRE-ORDER NOW! - Overclockers UK Forums

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CATA4TW!
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:13 PM   #3
Cpl.Small

Send a message via MSN to Cpl.Small

So probably just better to sell it then...

Cpl.Small is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:45 PM   #4
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive

Or sell them both and get this one.

Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX

Be careful though look if your mainboard supports it first if you decide to do so.

CATA4TW!
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:56 PM   #5
zamani532

If you're motherboard isn't minimum 8+1 phase don't go for 125W TDP CPU's, overclocking will light your VRM's on fire.
zamani532 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
cooling, cpu