project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
27 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2011, 09:58 PM   #41
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default re: [Map] Dahla Dam (4km) [WIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by |TG-Irr|Nixon View Post
BTW can you hook me up with someone that could make me giant/optimized water planes?
Best person who fully understands custom LM UVs etc would be me

If you work out exactly what you need in terms of waterplanes, ie, make all the areas you need them in, make place holder ones for now and then give me a minimap of your map with the water colour being something like orange and remove your sea water, that will be the simplest way to do it but for now, just work on getting all your canals etc done and use as much sea water for them as you can.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Rhino is online now Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:56 PM   #42
|TG-Irr|Nixon

Hehe,

I've followed your suggestion and have made some modification to the terrain so my irrigation canals use the "sea" for their water. As for the reservoir there is no going around that. It uses 42 (21 units x 2 rows) type 128 Quinling water planes. I guess the easiest way to optimize this would be to make better 128 Quinling water planes. You could try to make 1 big one but I've offset some to get the right geometry. If you think that would be the best way I can provide the screenshoot.

Nix
|TG-Irr|Nixon is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 08:03 PM   #43
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

ye one big one is most likely the best solution.

Worry about that when your in the final stages of the map.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:02 PM   #44
TheAssProtectors.Nr1

This map really looks promissing. I've taken a closer look on Google Earth, and this particular place has some obvious and very cool aspects. I'm sure this could be a fine contribution for PR - Keep up the good work!

A bit off topic: Someone (meaning guy-with-spare-time-and-sculpting-know-how) should really do some buildings and and tall walls in this Afghan, muddy-style. It would really help any Afghan map.
Quote:

Why do something today, when you can not do it tomorrow
TheAssProtectors.Nr1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:42 PM   #45
|TG-Irr|Nixon

Default Re: [Map] Dahla Dam (4km) [WIP]

@ TheAssProtectors.Nr1: Thanks mate

@ [R-DEV]Rhino: Rgr mate hope you will have time to help me out

Few more questions also:
  1. I am getting lots of z-fighting when I look at my map from a high altitude (e.i. like a plane dropping a boom). I can see the water threw the ground. Will this also be the case in-game? I?ve been playing with the fog/view distance? however it looked much better when I was using water planes.
  2. Rhino look at the building used on the west bank of Laska Valley? they are an even better match for my map? have they been optimized (I need to start putting statics in my map now.)
  3. Is there a way to raise my roads exactly by 1 meter? Basically have the same coordinate window as the move tool.
  4. Any tutorial to set up a insurgency map (cashes and all)
  5. Can I mix insurgency and AAS? I still want the CF to capture and hold the airfield to get their air support in the INS mode.

Cheers,

Nix
Old 06-13-2011, 08:16 PM   #46
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

1. I know what you mean but never seen it as a problem ingame but that might be due to small VDs but I think if it was a problem, we would have seen it.

2. those are the v2 afghan buildings which are being phased out due mainly to performance problems, don't use them and focus on other areas you can.

3. I think so but can't tell you off the top of my head. Look under the tools menu etc might find something there but not sure why you would want to do this anyways?

4. not sure but its very simple, basically you just put down ammo caches as vehicle spawn that are attached to a team 1 flag and spawn for team 1 (with team 1 being ins/Taliban etc) and the python code dose the rest, but you shouldn't be even thinking about doing that at this stage, GPOs are done in the very final stages of a map.

5. Yes, dunno if you ever played Korengal Valley in its old versions, think the current might also have it but not sure on that.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:28 PM   #47
|TG-Irr|Nixon

For 3: Because I am using the road tool to make the walls/burms in my fields and I would like them to be all 1m high.

For 4: want to setup just a few points so I can see my map ingame

For 5: Yeah now I remember, would be since to have the code of that map (where can I d/l the old version w/o d/l the whole mod?)
Old 06-13-2011, 08:39 PM   #48
Robskie

Quick question: Are there more afhgan buildings being phased in?

More buildings in PR and a few overhauls on the maps that would need them would work wonders in my opinion

New Active Clan. Find us on the PRTA TeamSpeak! We are Red Company! A fresh clan in the PR-verse looking to expand! Come join us
!
Robskie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:52 PM   #49
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

Quote:
For 3: Because I am using the road tool to make the walls/burms in my fields and I would like them to be all 1m high.

For 4: want to setup just a few points so I can see my map ingame

For 5: Yeah now I remember, would be since to have the code of that map (where can I d/l the old version w/o d/l the whole mod?)
3. ye rgr, there should be a type in transformation somewhere but a more simple way of doing it might be to set up a marker (I would recommend the "reminder1" static in the /staticobjects/pr/mapping_tools/ folder) and then offset that 1m as a ref, then move your road down to meet it as even if you find a way to do type in transformation, iirc the BF2 editor doesn't have a offset function from its current location so you would have to type in all 3 world axis exact location or something like that, might be possible thou would need to look.

4. ye rgr, all you need to look at your map ingame is two flags, one for each team and some spawn points, don't need any caches or flags to attack

5. its nothing new just a normal AAS flag in ins, as the AAS code is loaded in ins, just isn't used on many maps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robskie View Post
Quick question: Are there more afhgan buildings being phased in?
All the current "Afghan" statics are being phased out of the mod which includes the "Afghan v1" statics which you can find on Asda Kahl, and the "Afghan v2" statics which you can find on Lashkar Valley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robskie View Post
More buildings in PR and a few overhauls on the maps that would need them would work wonders in my opinion
overhauling the old maps is a huge task and one we would like to do, but its unlikely we are going to have the man power to do it as it requires a lot of redesign of the original map, you can't simply swap out an old building with a new one (unless the new one was specifically made to replace the old one, being the same dimensions etc) and as such, one new building affects another which affects another etc etc and you have to basically start from scratch. Then once you have done that there is most likley terrain, textures, overgrowth, undergrowth, roads etc to fix up and then once that's all done you need to re-lightmap the entire map...

If we can we will but the new statics are focused on the new maps.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:05 PM   #50
|TG-Irr|Nixon

What about the lightmaps, undergrowth and all that other stuff... ?

I've got most of my roads finished, textures, terrain and light/water settings that I would like to see in-game. Is that sufficient or I need to finish the rest before I pack the map?

Cheers,

Nix

Tags
4km, dahla, dam, map, wip