project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
26 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2011, 03:01 PM   #41
Reddeath
Default Re: [Map] Liberation (2km) [Concept]

That would be awesome man, I promise you this wont happen over night so you got plenty of time

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ingame: # SuperBagel
Reddeath is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:21 PM   #42
Shovel

20476142.jpg

This is what you mean by the shrine, right?

It is relatively simple looking, I'll get started.

Shovel009
Shovel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:37 PM   #43
Reddeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovel View Post
Attachment 6277

This is what you mean by the shrine, right?

It is relatively simple looking, I'll get started.
Yes, I appreciate this so much, thank you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-21-2011, 10:42 PM   #44
Reddeath

Trying to figure the editor out, messing around with it placing buildings and discovering my options I keeping running into this error when attempting to preview certain objects.

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Battlefield 2\BF2Editor.exe

R6025
-pure virtual function call

and then BF2Editor crashes.

Old 05-22-2011, 08:49 AM   #45
Michael_Denmark

I searched the thread for words like "Lock", "Ambush" and "Bottle". No positive results.

So I hope I'm not repeating what others might have pointed out using other words. However, should it be the case, my apologies.

Just wanna say, that the map, from a planning wise perspective, seems close to Ejod Dessert, thus the map it self, doesn't seem to bring so much new challenge to the CO function. Any new content, therefore has to be faction-related.

Ejod Dessert was/is a Simplicity-Complexity-Simplicity map. This map is the same, just the other way around. Complexity-Simplicity-Complexity, although the southern complexity - from the looks of it, seem lees complex than the northern part.

It looks like a shooter map, more than a CO map, due to the fact the CO part is quite simple, when compared to the shooter part. Ill say 5-10 hours maximum, after having the timings made, then a experienced co-player, begin to run out of planning-wise options here.

Also, the bottlenecks in the centre, being the bridge and stadium areas, are from a planning-perspective, almost sure to become important objectives, thus potentially repeatable objectives too.

I hope my words doesn't sound hard or arrogant, they are not intended to sound like that. Its just that I have made tons of plans on PR maps, so unless the map has some underground passage, or randomly spawning, or randomly reinforcements-feature, 128 players+, - then the fun of the battle, will most probably end up being search/find/shoot/base-of-fire/assault-teams. Thus more 3D fun, not so much 2D fun.

Looks cool though.

We who play these kinds of games are the first generation of war robot pilots.
Today we pilot a camera in 3D heaven.

Tomorrow...

Michael_Denmark is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:43 AM   #46
Shovel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddeath View Post
Yes, I appreciate this so much, thank you.
I have the base done for the most part.

[/QUOTE]

Can someone with more experience modeling give me some advice?

Shovel009
Old 05-22-2011, 11:15 AM   #47
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddeath View Post
Trying to figure the editor out, messing around with it placing buildings and discovering my options I keeping running into this error when attempting to preview certain objects.

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Battlefield 2\BF2Editor.exe

R6025
-pure virtual function call

and then BF2Editor crashes.
The only topics I can find relating to that error are it seems something down to the SP editor or something. Are you sure you have unloaded the SP editor in the add-ins manager?
Runtime Error! R6025-pure virtual function call - Official BF Editor Forums

Also just on another unrelated point that has just come to mind, there is a good chance that the MEC is going to have some amphibious vehicles since most of there APCs etc are amphibious so you need to keep in mind that the MEC may be able to flank there APCs around the west side from one dock to the other if you put ramps in convenient locations for it. This is something you may or may not want but something to keep in mind. TBH since the Rebels are unlikely to have any amphibious APCs, or a very small number of them, I would let the MEC do it but not make it so convenient to them with them having to do a pretty long swim to get up etc. I can go into this more later if you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Denmark View Post
Just wanna say, that the map, from a planning wise perspective, seems close to Ejod Dessert, thus the map it self, doesn't seem to bring so much new challenge to the CO function. Any new content, therefore has to be faction-related.

Ejod Dessert was/is a Simplicity-Complexity-Simplicity map. This map is the same, just the other way around. Complexity-Simplicity-Complexity, although the southern complexity - from the looks of it, seem lees complex than the northern part.
.... I dunno what you have been smoking but this map hardly relates to EJOD other than both maps have urban areas, although in the case of this map 75% of the map is urban rather than 25% of the map like EJOD...

The key design around EJOD was a city bang in the middle of the two forces, with both forces having to cross an open desert to get there and with the option of flanking around both sides of the city as well in a mirror balance setup. This map couldn't be further from this concept if it tried tbh and I hope I don't need to go into all the reasons why...

Quote:
It looks like a shooter map, more than a CO map, due to the fact the CO part is quite simple, when compared to the shooter part. Ill say 5-10 hours maximum, after having the timings made, then a experienced co-player, begin to run out of planning-wise options here.
So no different from most other PR maps then... The commander role is quite a simple boring role although hard in the sense to get the players on the ground taking your orders, which is why very few players play it.

Quote:
Also, the bottlenecks in the centre, being the bridge and stadium areas, are from a planning-perspective, almost sure to become important objectives, thus potentially repeatable objectives too.
The MEC team will have overwhelming firepower to be able to brake though these bottlenecks quite easily with there tanks etc, which only if they loose them which then ye this situation may occur but its unlikely that they will be destroyed at this stage in the battle so its more likely you will see the battle going more into the city before any real stalemate happens.

Quote:
I hope my words doesn't sound hard or arrogant, they are not intended to sound like that. Its just that I have made tons of plans on PR maps, so unless the map has some underground passage, or randomly spawning, or randomly reinforcements-feature, 128 players+, - then the fun of the battle, will most probably end up being search/find/shoot/base-of-fire/assault-teams. Thus more 3D fun, not so much 2D fun.
This map is hardly going to be an ordinary map in the way its currently going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovel View Post
Can someone with more experience modeling give me some advice?[/QUOTE]

Looks good so far although don't get too carried away with making too many 3D details (although this model looks like it needs quite a few) and try and have a plan for how your going to do the LODs. Also rather than wire frames etc can you post edged faces and also you should keep your eye on the tri count, not poly count. In fact just read this topic
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f388...de-assets.html

You should check the dimensions thou against what it needs to be in the map so your not stretching/squishing the model later to get it the right scale.

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:44 AM   #48
Shovel

Here is the edged faces shot.

272 tris.

Also, i have some sketches for my lods, the final lod has to be under 100 tris right?

Shovel009
Old 05-22-2011, 11:49 AM   #49
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

yep looks good so far, looks like you have everything welded up correctly and you should try to keep it that way.

And ye, final lod needs to be as few tris as you can possibly have it, tbh in this case your final lod could possible be only 3 tris (3 sided pyramid sticking up in the sky) but I can't tell for sure without doing the lods myself and if you did that you would probably have a huge black shadow left on the ground from where the foundation was and now missing so you would probably want to keep a low poly foundation too so call it 11 tris.

Also you should really make a new separate topic on this staticobject.

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:57 AM   #50
Shovel

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Also you should really make a new separate topic on this staticobject.
I made a new thread in the community modding section.

Shovel009
Last edited by Shovel; 05-22-2011 at 12:29 PM..

Tags
2km, benghazi, concept, liberation, map, wip