project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
01 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2010, 09:38 PM   #41
Zyco187

Default Re: [Map] Barentz Offensive - 2KM w/snow (Event Preview)

video link isnt working dude

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Watch me LIVE on TwitchTV and dont forget to follow to get an email for whenever I go live!

Zyco187 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:25 AM   #42
Zeno

Send a message via MSN to Zeno Send a message via Skype™ to Zeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunem666 View Post
if you look at the vid youll see a vast improvment on the forest. the screenshots were taken before i added more overgrowth
put normalscale to 0.1 or 0.2

[R-DEV]Ninja2dan:
Not having a spotter is like masturbating with a cheese grater...mildly amusing at first, but generally painful and bloody in the end.
Zeno is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 03:53 AM   #43
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarnABro View Post
video link isnt working dude
It does now.

I take it the snow in the video is edited in? It actually would be nice to see such a thing in the map though, if you can find some decent snow effects. I think it could look better than rain, so worth looking into I guess.

Perhaps the wookie sniper mod has snow? Then at least you can get an idea of how it looks in-game.

[R-DEV]AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:03 AM   #44
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AfterDune View Post
It does now.

I take it the snow in the video is edited in? It actually would be nice to see such a thing in the map though, if you can find some decent snow effects. I think it could look better than rain, so worth looking into I guess.

Perhaps the wookie sniper mod has snow? Then at least you can get an idea of how it looks in-game.
The snow in the vid is the common snow effect you can find on the BFeditor forums, been there for a long time. Its good as long as you dont have to many snow flakes as then what happens is you exceed the particle limit.

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:14 AM   #45
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
The snow in the vid is the common snow effect you can find on the BFeditor forums, been there for a long time. Its good as long as you dont have to many snow flakes as then what happens is you exceed the particle limit.
Ah, didn't know. Well if it looks good...

[R-DEV]AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:28 AM   #46
dunem666

Send a message via MSN to dunem666 Send a message via Skype™ to dunem666

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
actually, to correct you both, ive made my own snow ambient.

The one on the forums is a cheap rip from the one in 2142, the snow isnt heavy enough nor is it realistic like mine Infact the one on the forum is totally rubbish, and only runs with 4 particles on a low emit time. Ive made mine so its sits on the limit but still gives a realistic snow blizzard in some places. The one on editor forums also only has radius of upto 20m

the particle limit depends on the random size scale and its emit frequency, if they are roughly even then it shouldnt cause any issues. I did a benchmark test on a couple of peoples systems of different spec to make sure the fps didnt drop dramatically. seems ok with 12 particles. If i was to overlap the triggers on the map, it would be at some cases rendering double the snow, still works fine but for those slowbies, a few metres walk could cause lag in between triggers. 90 percent of us will play it just fine

The peeps who play PR on low because of their system might need to sit this one out.

Dun3m
UK Warfare Server Administrator

Last edited by dunem666; 11-18-2010 at 06:45 AM..
Old 11-18-2010, 06:33 AM   #47
dunem666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
put normalscale to 0.1 or 0.2
it is 0.1 the trees are just fine.

Yours might need a touch up tho

Dun3m

dunem666 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:44 AM   #48
Zeno

Send a message via MSN to Zeno Send a message via Skype™ to Zeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunem666 View Post
it is 0.1 the trees are just fine.

Yours might need a touch up tho
how so?

[R-DEV]Ninja2dan:
Not having a spotter is like masturbating with a cheese grater...mildly amusing at first, but generally painful and bloody in the end.
Zeno is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:21 AM   #49
aurimas

the map looks realy good and i like the snow prety much. but it doest look like russia or chechnya environment the houses is to shiny best would be to put some old wooden crapy houses with small yards like in arma 2. And the rouds should be dirty with no cement. That is how i imagine it

For best ambush you gonna need one man with RKG grenade. Throw it at the drivers front face ore use grenade traps on dirty roads. And the car will explode after few good shots.
aurimas is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:08 AM   #50
dunem666

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurimas View Post
the map looks realy good and i like the snow prety much. but it doest look like russia or chechnya environment the houses is to shiny best would be to put some old wooden crapy houses with small yards like in arma 2. And the rouds should be dirty with no cement. That is how i imagine it
it will be ok when ive done lightmaps

Dun3m

dunem666 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
2km, barentz, edge, event, forcefield, invasion, invisible, map, offensive, preview, released, w or snow, wip