project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
28 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2010, 10:17 PM   #121
HangMan_

Default Re: [Map] Operation Hailstorm (4km) [WIP]

Looking good Vapo, send me some screens when you can

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PR Community Faction Team - "Getting Sh*t Done..."
HangMan_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:19 PM   #122
TH3_BL4CK

Honestly can the Devs ever stop mentioning a barracuda replica on every single map that happens to be an island map???
You guys didn't say the same thing to Jabal 4km around so why do it here?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"My stomach was making the rumblies, that only hands would satisfy!"
TH3_BL4CK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:25 PM   #123
HangMan_

Jabal 2 is meant to be an upscaled version of Jabal 1, as far as i know the mapper intended for it to replace Jabal 1 all together. Therefore its a different kettle of fish to this map

PR Community Faction Team - "Getting Sh*t Done..."
HangMan_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:36 PM   #124
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH3_BL4CK View Post
Honestly can the Devs ever stop mentioning a barracuda replica on every single map that happens to be an island map???
Every map that happens to be an island map, set in the south pacific, upon which a large airstrip will be placed? Sounds like barracuda

My point was simply to offer advice that would allow the same gameplay factors (open flat area, easily assaulted by air/amphibious vehicles) that wouldn't immediately make the map look like a very popular map already in the PR stable. However, if you'd rather be insulted feel free

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

BloodBane611 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:47 PM   #125
ChiefRyza

Well I'm working on an ADF Island Map based off a real location, that has a large airfield in RL and it's completely to scale, so I know I'll get flamed for making a "Barra Clone" but hey, there are other islands on good old planet Earth so who cares if people give you crap for it. As long as it isn't identical in flag layouts or play style then it's fine.

Keep it up Vapo, I'm looking forward to seeing it all come together

Current project:
ChiefRyza is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:49 PM   #126
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

guys....don't ever be worried about being flamed, we all follow the same rules on this forum. If there is something that will not work, we will tell you, we will give our personal opinions, but its your map, so just make it

if this indeed was barracuda 4k...I wouldn't mind cuz its 4k lol.

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:14 PM   #127
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH3_BL4CK View Post
First of all, BloodBane isn't a dev, 2nd of all, there was no need to say "Jabal 2" was going to be like or looked like Jabal because that is the whole point of that map, its meant to be a bigger, better version of the old one to replace the old one, much like Muttrah City v2 was a bigger and better version to replace the old one. This map on the other hand, isn't meant to be a "bigger and better" version of Op Barra, its meant to be a unique map and as such, trying to make it as unique as possible is pretty important in not having it become a clone of something else that is ingame. If on the other hand it wants to try and replace Op Barra, that's anouther matter but I dont see Vapo looking to do that.

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:41 AM   #128
TH3_BL4CK

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
First of all, BloodBane isn't a dev, 2nd of all, there was no need to say "Jabal 2" was going to be like or looked like Jabal because that is the whole point of that map, its meant to be a bigger, better version of the old one to replace the old one, much like Muttrah City v2 was a bigger and better version to replace the old one. This map on the other hand, isn't meant to be a "bigger and better" version of Op Barra, its meant to be a unique map and as such, trying to make it as unique as possible is pretty important in not having it become a clone of something else that is ingame. If on the other hand it wants to try and replace Op Barra, that's anouther matter but I dont see Vapo looking to do that.
My bad i didnt read that he was a Mod but i have seen Devs mention 'op barra clones'
I don't see Vapoman trying to replace it either or has he ever mentioned replacing it anywhere.
I don't even see a similarity between barracuda and hailstorm apart from of course the carrier so it is beyond me why it is mentioned in the first place..

Now lets get back on topic and oohh and ahhh at vapo's screenies ai?

"My stomach was making the rumblies, that only hands would satisfy!"
TH3_BL4CK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:58 AM   #129
[R-DEV]VapoMan

Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]VapoMan

New Flag plan (open for change), numbers show the order of cap for the Blufor team.

Red flags are those already owned by PLA at the start of the round, white flags are neutral.
The PLA main is cappable, but is going to be heavily fortified so it will be hard for the blufor to get in there (but it is possible).

"Eight glorious sides and eight stunning angles!"
[R-DEV]VapoMan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:21 AM   #130
Imchicken1

I sense epicness in our futures

Any tunnels? Me likes a good tunnel

I won't cluck for you
Imchicken1 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
4km, hailstorm, map, operation, wip