project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
18 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 07:33 AM   #11
[R-DEV]motherdear
PR:BF2 Developer

Default Re: [MAP] Operation Tempest (4km)

Strap those helmets on and get ready for landing

I am in awe sir

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto: "Talking squad level tactics in bed is actually a little known aphrodisiac"
[R-CON]Pantera : "maybe you might learn that we are not super intelligent beings chained in UKF's basement being forced to work on this".
[R-DEV]motherdear is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:46 AM   #12
[R-DEV]Adriaan
Supporting Member

Sorry, but i'm afraid that's too much awesome for one map.
[R-DEV]Adriaan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:59 AM   #13
[R-DEV]Rudd
Supporting Member

you sir have talent.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:55 AM   #14
[R-DEV]VapoMan

Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]VapoMan

Want to go on holiday in this map

"Eight glorious sides and eight stunning angles!"
[R-DEV]VapoMan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:23 PM   #15
Startrekern

Pretty amazing stuff. I reeeeeeeeeeeally hope you don't have problems with terrain warping, i.e. in the cliff faces in screen217.. that would be a shame if you had to destroy that beautiful, beautiful terrain to fix it

Last edited by Startrekern; 07-07-2010 at 03:39 PM..
Old 07-07-2010, 05:37 PM   #16
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

cool, I'm not so sure about the jungle areas only around the rivers etc and a few other things like the ever so common bunker statics etc but looking pretty good. geo-control is a really good tool

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:57 PM   #17
RaSgO

Image:
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l.../screen208.png

How would you be able to go inland (Deja-vu IRL here) with any armour here? I don't see any exit routes from the beach...
RaSgO is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:10 PM   #18
blues&royalsdylan

I really like the sound of this, especially the mountainous terrain in a jungle.

The proposed game mode sounds exciting, I really like the idea of that, and it sounds like it could be incorporated into other maps currently in use right now.

Good work
blues&royalsdylan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:02 PM   #19
[R-MOD]Jigsaw
Forum Moderator

Liking this map, looks like a great idea for a beach style assault and the more exposure those great AAV7VPs get the better

I quite like how the jungle terrain is only around the rivers and in the valleys, I think that's actually quite realistic and a big booster for performance. I would personally much prefer smaller areas of dense jungle terrain with a mixture of hills/mountains etc than trying to have all jungle and it being fairly sparse in the name of manageable performance.

Really impressed, keep going son

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end... "
[R-MOD]Jigsaw is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:26 PM   #20
ChiefRyza

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
cool, I'm not so sure about the jungle areas only around the rivers etc and a few other things like the ever so common bunker statics etc but looking pretty good. geo-control is a really good tool
It's just the only way I've been able to have stable performance + dense jungle in the one area. Any large amounts in the same area and the lag goes through the roof. As for getting off the beach, don't worry, there are plenty of places to get off it, not to mention you can drive over the wall anyway. The bunker statics are supposed to be long abandoned defenses of cold war era bases in the area (map isn't based off a real location btw.) I felt the bunker statics are the most suitable for what I need, plus, they come in their already destroyed form which adds to the idea they haven't been used in a long, long time. Destructible count will be well under 300 as well.

Like I said still a WIP, anything could change.

Current project:
Last edited by ChiefRyza; 07-07-2010 at 08:36 PM..

Tags
4km, map, operation, tempest, wip