project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
28 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 03:46 AM   #11
HangMan_

Default Re: [Map] Bamyan Province [WIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]Cheditor View Post
Maybe take out that runway, is ridiculiusly small for any plane to take off from that (i know there arent planes but just saying for a background atmosphere) maybe move the rear hesco barriers dividing the runway with the rest of the base more in towards the base and then places a heli pad?
Bamyan in R/L actually has an airstrip. Im gna remove the concrete style thts there atm nd put in one like in the reference image (with the soldier watching chinook). As i said in the post the Base is just a temp place holder so ppl hav sumthn to look at. Actual base will be far better.

The reason for the concrete destructible airstrip being there is mainly so wen im testing i can taxi an apache up and down it. It won't b in the final release though.

Thanks fr the feedback tho its all appreciated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PR Community Faction Team - "Getting Sh*t Done..."
HangMan_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:21 AM   #12
HangMan_

Updates WIP screens of mountains.

WIP North Side Moutains:

WIP SouthWest Mountains:

4 Is where the small taliban ville will be. See the map in original post for location.

Please post any feedback

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-04-2009, 03:32 AM   #13
HangMan_

A few shots of FOB Moana. It is situated in the south of Bamyan township. This Outpost is fictional

WIP FOB Moana:

Old 07-04-2009, 03:56 AM   #14
Tonnie
Retired PR Developer

looking pretty promising its getting there

HangMan: BF2 Editor, it has very strict limitations memory wise, and crashes all the time. Its like a girl. Treat it with respect and take it slow and you'll get places. Rush and get ahead of yourself and it will turn around and punch you in the mouth
Tonnie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 04:00 AM   #15
HangMan_

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]tonnie15 View Post
looking pretty promising its getting there
Its still realy early stages. I havent done the overgrowth or undergrowth yet. Still assembling Bamyan town which is daunting. All main land features are in. The surface around the towns etc will need to be roughed up and "realisticasized". Have yet to do ENVmaps. So lots of work to do....

PS i'll send u sum screens of Khodaydad Kalay. Im juggling to maps atm :P so its gna take a while.

Old 07-04-2009, 04:15 AM   #16
cyberzomby

Looks nice just like Tonnie said
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:28 AM   #17
HangMan_

Here are sum updates for the map. I have pretty much completed FOB Moana, and am now finishing off Bamyan Township. Currently doing a re-vamp of Kiwibase; including a new airstrip, medical and supply buildings and firing range. After that i will move on to the Taliban stronghold/s.

WIP FOB Moana:

FOB Moana is the forward NZDF outpost in Bamyan province. It is well defended by 6 perimiter Sangars and a thick hesco L wall. The bunker with the flag is the main defence bunker. The Bunker with the stairs leading up to it is the TOC Bunker. The other two small bunkers are; 1 is a medical station, and the other a supply bunker. The helipad was constructed using planks and will be rough to land on. Only the most skilled of pilots will be able to land here to deliver vital resupply and troops. The roads leading to FOB Moana are treacherous and will required a veteran logistics driver to overcome. Reaching the outpost is a mission on its own... let alone defending it.

WIP Bamyan Township:

Bamyan township is the CBD for Bamyan province. It is very small... Soldiers find it to be difficult to maneuver due to the fact that the locals are extra tight on their home security. The breaching shotgun will be a lifesaver in this town.

Old 07-06-2009, 03:59 AM   #18
HangMan_

Currently setting up random AAS and finishing overgrowth in the town. A lot of small vegetation has been added since the photos above where taken. Ground is not so bare any more.

Does ne 1 know why my editor would suddenly start lagging up after adding overgrowth? No error has popped up in the debug so is it just that my computer sucks?

Old 07-06-2009, 09:24 AM   #19
$pyker
Banned

wow the VBD looks nice
$pyker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:34 AM   #20
HangMan_

Quote:
Originally Posted by $pyker View Post
wow the VBD looks nice
Thanks mate. I'm hoping for sum pretty brutal fighting in there. Im setting up the random AAS so there are gonna b like 7 possible CP's for the random to select just 2 of thm. Should allow for sum really good gameplay. Also i have quite a few compounds on the city limits and near the wheat fields which will let players establish FB's and stage FSG's outside the town for support.

Tags
2km, bamyan, map, province, wip