project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
23 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2009, 11:01 PM   #41
aperson444
Default Re: [Map] Kumzar [WIP]

Use the cliffs kind of like a bare point. Maybe put a few caches, but make them hard to get to. It's also not a far off idea for the Taliban to have boats.
aperson444 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:24 PM   #42
badmojo420
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson444 View Post
Use the cliffs kind of like a bare point. Maybe put a few caches, but make them hard to get to. It's also not a far off idea for the Taliban to have boats.
Boats sure, but not the Rhib we have in game, with a mounted machine gun.
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:33 AM   #43
badmojo420
Supporting Member

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/7774/screen069.jpg
Last edited by badmojo420; 07-01-2009 at 08:35 PM..
Old 03-10-2009, 04:42 AM   #44
Scot
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Scot

Wooow! Looks very nice

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Scot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:38 PM   #45
aperson444

Good Work!

For some reason, I'd feel more comfortable making this a MEC map. Maybe it's just me. We could also try a new sort of mini-faction that's a MEC supported militia. I just don't think a scenario with Taliban would be likely. Al-Qaeda, maybe, but I'd think a Sunni Militia backed by the MEC and Al-Qaeda would seem more feasible.

Make sure the buildings are enterable. If this is indeed Insurgency, I would like to see that the BluFor team is clearing out buildings like IRL.
aperson444 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:51 PM   #46
badmojo420
Supporting Member

90% of the buildings are enterable, and about 85% are destroyable.

As far as the Taliban stuff, the story i'm kinda going with is that the Taliban are losing in Afghanistan after years of fighting, so they're trying to hurt the coalition in any way they can effectively do it. So, a small Taliban force is sent to the town of Kumzar, to try and disrupt the shipping lane the coalition uses to supply their troops. (Since Kumzar is on the mouth of the Persian Gulf, this is a realistic location to setup such an attack) The Taliban use cannons to attack passing cargo ships, with great success. They also have AA emplacements to prevent the coalition from simply bringing in some attack choppers and wiping them out. Canada(or US) take on the task of setting up a small base just outside the town, and move in to clear out the Taliban.

Its more likely then having two conventional forces fighting over a small coastal town.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:20 PM   #47
AnRK
Supporting Member

This is gonna sound harsh but that village looks like a right mess at the moment, however I know it's probably gonna look ace when there's some tracks and statics to make it all look like it makes more sense, looks like a mass of houses randomly placed on a beach for now. When there's more other stuff lying about and the textures look a bit more rocky it'll be awesome though.

Can't wait for this to get more developed, gonna be some real intense street fighting going on with this.
AnRK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:34 PM   #48
Wilkinson

Send a message via AIM to Wilkinson Send a message via MSN to Wilkinson Send a message via Skype™ to Wilkinson

Sexy! You rock

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wilkinson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:40 PM   #49
Tannhauser

Might I suggest somethig Mojo?

You see, one of the pics you posted in the first page shows those cliffs that you posted in your last editor pic. You can see some colour variations that form sorts of horizontal colour lines : tan-sand, brown, darker, brown, tan, etc..
Your cliffs currently look a bit bland or repetitive, maybe if you try to imitate those rock-colour variations it'll look more realistic? Also, it looks in the editor like the lines longing the cliffs are all at the exact same level and uniformly set around the mountain : Maybe add some variation to the cliff itself by adding deformations, depressions and rockier spots to breathe life into it.

Just a few observations..

As for the village, maybe you could try and give it more spaces, a few medium/larger coutryards. Like a DEV said ... make the stuff in the village have a purpose. (Or something like that.. right?) On a sidenote, i'm also curious, are all the houses single floored in this village? Muslim cultures tend to use many floors when living in reasonably urbanised areas (one for the kitchen, one for the living, one for the bedrooms...), alas from what I learned about them up to now.
Maybe you could add some 2 stories? But if the pics show me wrong, then you're good to go man!

Good work so far, keep it up!

«Hollywood jackasses who insist on spending seriously huge amounts of money to make films that even my cat won't watch. And he'll happily sit in the bathroom and watch me shit.»
- [R-DEV]Masaq
Last edited by Tannhauser; 03-10-2009 at 10:46 PM..
Old 03-10-2009, 11:11 PM   #50
badmojo420
Supporting Member

I hear ya about the horizontal lines, all my textures are not final. I've already got them looking way different then that pic. I'll try to get another screen up tonight. And the shape of the cliffs will be changed a lot when i get around to it. I have no mountains 100% done yet, they're all about 60%. Better then doing a quarter of the map to 100%. I map like a gif loads, you see it all at the start, and slowly it gets better looking all over. No one part of my maps are ever perfect until it's all perfect. If that makes sense.

I didn't want to open up too many spaces in the village. There are enough. And they'll be more evident once i add in all the walls and detail objects in the streets and alley ways. I'm going to try and really stress how easy it is to walk down the street or path, but trying to just walk across the city will force you to jump a lot. There are basically 3 routes through the madness, the big road down the middle and a small foot path on each side. There really is some order to how those houses are placed.

The buildings are indeed all single story in RL. I think because concrete wasn't used until recently (all the old photos show houses built with stones) they couldn't go any higher then 1 story. Since you can't build ceilings out of stones. Out of all the pics I've seen, all the buildings in the village (except the mosque) have been single story.

Tags
2km, kumzar, map, wip