project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
23 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2009, 09:57 AM   #31
=Romagnolo=

Send a message via MSN to =Romagnolo=
Default Re: [Map] Kumzar [WIP]

delete post, thank you.

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto:"Cheers, you're the man, Okita"
[R-DEV]Rhino:"I in fact got kicked from a server for tking."
Hitperson:"well done, treasure it forever."
[R-DEV]Adriaan:"Damned classy Roma, if I may say so."
[R-DEV]Chuc:"Pro man, pro."
(yes, it was about me)
[R-MOD]BloodBane611:"Romagnolo, you definitely deserve a LOL award for that."
=Romagnolo= is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:03 AM   #32
badmojo420
Supporting Member

Awesome, thanks guys. Those settings make a huge difference, no warping as far as i can see.

But i still have one problem. For some reason wherever i go in the editor or in game, i'm surrounded by blackness on the terrain. What setting did i screw up to make that happen? The black patch has gotten even bigger since applying those settings.
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:04 AM   #33
badmojo420
Supporting Member

it also seems to tear the terrain open...

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/5272/tearr.jpg
Last edited by badmojo420; 07-01-2009 at 07:34 PM..
Old 03-08-2009, 11:05 AM   #34
=Romagnolo=

Send a message via MSN to =Romagnolo=

You need to apply textures to your terrain, you cant use the map texture.

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto:"Cheers, you're the man, Okita"
[R-DEV]Rhino:"I in fact got kicked from a server for tking."
Hitperson:"well done, treasure it forever."
[R-DEV]Adriaan:"Damned classy Roma, if I may say so."
[R-DEV]Chuc:"Pro man, pro."
(yes, it was about me)
[R-MOD]BloodBane611:"Romagnolo, you definitely deserve a LOL award for that."
=Romagnolo= is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:24 AM   #35
PARAMEDIC.CA
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Romagnolo= View Post
You need to apply textures to your terrain, you cant use the map texture.

redo colour and detail maps.. not big deal really as you 'may' want to redo them anyways... Try hooking up with Spaceman as he does great work..

Paramedic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PARAMEDIC.CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:23 PM   #36
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

you probably put the 4km map tweak in to your terrain.con, it says in PMedics post on the editor forums about it.

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:20 PM   #37
badmojo420
Supporting Member

I've gotten a little stuck on part of my map, and was hoping for some opinions. I've gotten the whole thing laid out except for two small settlements on the left side of the map (circled in green).....

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/1066/minimap.jpg

First of all the blue dot is the Coalition base (CF, but US Army for now) and the red dot is the Opfor (Taliban) Now on the right side of the village there is a road running along the water to the coalition base. On the left side however there is no road, it's mostly cliffs and the only way i can see of getting there is swimming boating or helicopter. That's how it is in real life.

So my question is what should i do with them? Should i give the taliban boats? Should they spawn out there? Caches out there? Should i be unrealistic and make a foot path or another road going that way? A mountain pass? The problem with the area, is if a cache spawns out there, and everyone on the taliban side is in the village, they're pretty much screwed. Only way i could do it would be to put a temp spawn point or taliban boats. And having taliban and coalition boats driving around isn't exactly something i want to happen. Unless another boat can be made/added.

PS> that minimap is very WIP.
Last edited by badmojo420; 07-01-2009 at 07:39 PM..
Old 03-09-2009, 08:36 PM   #38
MarineSeaknight

Keep in mind that the way the Insurgency Game Mode works right now is that if a new cache appears on the map for the Taliban, then you will receive a spawnpoint directly on that cache until it is discovered by the BLUFOR team gaining Intel points. After it's been discovered, then the spawn point on the cache eventually expires.

So in fact, there would be a way for Taliban to spawn in there (at least for a while anyways, leaving the Taliban enough time to set down hideouts/rally points) without having to add extra spawnpoints.

For gameplay's sake, you really have two choices.

Let's say you stack the odds against the BLUFOR and add either an inland/coastal road or path to those two small settlements. Not only can the Taliban directly spawn on the villages but they also have a supply line now, allowing movement of vehicles like technicals(if you should decide to add them).

On the other hand, sticking it to the Taliban and keeping the realistic map with no route from the main village can also be very interesting, because once the BLUFOR arrive there (assuming by air), if they manage the clear the Taliban out, then they're wiped out for good, with no chance of counter attack from the main village.

PR Testing Team: Serious Business

Waiting for Reapar to become a DEV before I can quote him.
MarineSeaknight is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:20 PM   #39
badmojo420
Supporting Member

The only thing i don't like about spawning off caches, is that when you are coalition and see enemies out in those areas, you know 100% that there is a cache there, weather it's marked or not.
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:30 PM   #40
MarineSeaknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmojo420 View Post
The only thing i don't like about spawning off caches, is that when you are coalition and see enemies out in those areas, you know 100% that there is a cache there, weather it's marked or not.
I think that's more of a player tactics problem than a map problem.

PR Testing Team: Serious Business

Waiting for Reapar to become a DEV before I can quote him.
MarineSeaknight is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
2km, kumzar, map, wip