project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
25 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 09:43 PM   #11
badmojo420
Supporting Member
Default Re: [Map] Kumzar

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson444 View Post
Good idea. We could just make it Al Qaeda hiding out in the area. Oman is pretty peaceful in terms of militia based violence. Perhaps al Qaeda is hiding out in the caves of the region, and the USMC are ordered to clear the cave. They should land with BOATS (please no more APCs XD) and continue into the village, where there is a small outpost on the coast. Al Qaeda should be all over the hills laying a defensive, while USMC is trying to clear caches in both the hills and houses. This would give the map a "raid and move" feel which would be good for PR.

Make this less vehicle and more infantry though.

BTW Taliban is not Osama bin Laden, but Mullah Omar. Mullah Omar houses Al Qaeda forces because they share ideology.
Yeah your right the taliban wouldn't be defending osama. Just replace osamas name with Mullah Omar in the 'story' and it all works out.

You gave me a good idea for this map. Have it setup like barracuda where the coalition spawn on the carrier, given only boats they must make their way to one of 3 possible landing spots (flags) after they secure them they move inland towards the caves deep in the valley. Of course i won't be putting any APCs on this map.

some possible flag locations....
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4714/possible.jpg

The far right and far left i'm not sure about. The far left is not really accessible by anything but boat or swimming(in RL), and the far right could be a US spawn point if i decided not to use the carrier.
Last edited by badmojo420; 07-01-2009 at 07:38 PM..
Old 03-04-2009, 10:04 PM   #12
Tannhauser

USMC vs Al Quaeda?... Yeah.. right..

«Hollywood jackasses who insist on spending seriously huge amounts of money to make films that even my cat won't watch. And he'll happily sit in the bathroom and watch me shit.»
- [R-DEV]Masaq
Tannhauser is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:42 PM   #13
Wilkinson

Send a message via AIM to Wilkinson Send a message via MSN to Wilkinson Send a message via Skype™ to Wilkinson

lol Al Queda?, nah they are more reserve :P. Please post Screenies in "Detail Mode Texture" so we can see true definition. all in all so far so good. Seems kinda blue but that's possibly my monitor.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wilkinson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:11 PM   #14
badmojo420
Supporting Member

Yeah the textures on there right now are just the google earth satellite photo, in the end the mountains will be much browner. This is still very much a WIP

Heres a grid view.....
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/15/rough2.jpg

I've only started doing the sculpting on that close mountain.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:48 AM   #15
badmojo420
Supporting Member

I need some opinions on buildings. I'm thinking about putting in mostly destroyable 1 story buildings. But of course this will give it less variety and end up a big maze of similar looking buildings. But then that might not be too bad. Especially since after the fighting starts it'll be easy to tell where the action has been happening since buildings will be getting blown up. But this map isn't really geared for massive destruction (no choppers, tanks, jets, etc) so maybe the destroyable buildings would be a waste of time and resources. Anyway, i'd like to hear some other opinions before i get the whole village built.

Heres a few destroyables placed.....

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7141/buildings.jpg
Old 03-05-2009, 04:39 AM   #16
cyberzomby

Cool idea and map is starting to look cool! I think it would be cool to get those houses destroyable. Because there arent that much things that can destroy 'm. Would be cool to see a lot of things destroyed and thinking: Wauw! Only AT rockets and grenades did this!
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:47 AM   #17
badmojo420
Supporting Member

Don't forget IEDs, it would be sweet to watch a squad run into a house and blow the whole house up.

I've talked to mainerror and anchientman about the destroyables, as long as i dont use too many it shouldn't be an issue, but when you get too many it'll crash the map. Worst case, i'll have to replace them with non-destroyables.

Village is coming along nice...
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/4651/buildings2.jpg

Ref Photo...
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1646/1345800.jpg
Last edited by badmojo420; 07-01-2009 at 07:39 PM..
Old 03-05-2009, 06:17 AM   #18
LtSoucy
Supporting Member

You setup looks nice but is with the ends of the cliffs, they look to fake at the start of the city area. If you look at the ref photo above there are ledges, maybe use some rock faces or use terrain and make people able to climb them and not be stuck in the valley of death.

Reality Gaming - Making Games Reality

LtSoucy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 06:45 AM   #19
Tannhauser

Yup, you'll have to smooth those cliff ''bases''. At least enough to make it feel natural but also, enough to prevent warping (more than 45 degrees angles will result in warping)

«Hollywood jackasses who insist on spending seriously huge amounts of money to make films that even my cat won't watch. And he'll happily sit in the bathroom and watch me shit.»
- [R-DEV]Masaq
Tannhauser is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:26 AM   #20
badmojo420
Supporting Member

45 degree angle in 1 grid square tho right? And since this is a 2km map very few of my grid squares will be warped more then 45 degrees.

And the mountains are far from finished, i just wanted to get the basic elevations and placement. After adding the buildings it'll be easier to do final around the village, then i'll most likely leave the rest of them until the map is almost done and i'm getting bored of adding detail.

I'm going to try and not have easy access to the mountain tops. It would be cool to throw a rope up and climb up 500m above everyones heads, then we'd have to put in a dome of death so you dont get stuck in a hole, etc, etc. It's just easier to have a natural barrier instead of enforcing artifical ones. Its partially the reason i chose this location, it had a road, but it didnt go anywhere, just trailed off into a valley foot path. No access to the outside world, perfect for a game map.
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
2km, kumzar, map, wip