project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
23 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2008, 03:42 PM   #61
=Romagnolo=

Send a message via MSN to =Romagnolo=
Default Re: [Map] Blackout

Fantastic work, and a very fast made map ! Buuut... you may know already... that neon green must go.

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto:"Cheers, you're the man, Okita"
[R-DEV]Rhino:"I in fact got kicked from a server for tking."
Hitperson:"well done, treasure it forever."
[R-DEV]Adriaan:"Damned classy Roma, if I may say so."
[R-DEV]Chuc:"Pro man, pro."
(yes, it was about me)
[R-MOD]BloodBane611:"Romagnolo, you definitely deserve a LOL award for that."
Old 12-03-2008, 04:07 PM   #62
Panzerfire

Send a message via MSN to Panzerfire Send a message via Skype™ to Panzerfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Romagnolo= View Post
...that neon green must go.
Or else what?

Sorry... I had to ask that.

But I have the feeling a lot of you guys are like "demanding" this or that to "Cat" or least you seem to have such attitude.

It's true that the grass looks weird but if that's what "Cat" wants for his map then it's cool. It's his work and I don't see anyone paying anything to him for his effort so as this is his work he's totally entitled to do whatever he pleases with it.

Of course he'll have to make some changes (Specially in the grass section) if he wants his work to be included in PR but as I said... whatever he does with his maps, it's totally up to him.

And even if the map isn't as cool as everyone would want it to be, nobody is forcing anyone to play it.

I personally find this map pretty cool. I would have loved something in the line of snowy mountains as the early WiPs suggested but nonetheless this is awesome. Whatever "Cat" does with it is fine by me as it's looking real good

USMCMIDN: KILL EVERYTHING!
gx: KILL! KILL! KILL 'EM ALL!!
[R-DEV]Dunehunter: Great attitude for hearts and minds
Old 12-03-2008, 05:36 PM   #63
sittingduck911

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat View Post
A few hours later....

As seen I grabbed a satellite photo of a random image and cpied it into the colormap. This I am going to use as a guide for placing the buildings.

The object lighting mode gave me the idea to create new textures for the connectable building parts. I would like to ask

1. Does the game support per map custom textures for some buildings.
2. Would they mess up any existing textures?
3. Are they packed with the map?

How did you copy the image into your colour map? Im about to start my map and the city section is huge and this would help me so much in the lay out stage. also what are you using to get the grey scale pics shown above? is is max? maya? somthing else?
Old 12-03-2008, 09:58 PM   #64
cat

To copy things into the colormap, check the tutorial for image colormaps.
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f189...colormaps.html

At point 5 in the tutorial you have a "colorbig.tga" which is then split up to be used in the map. Before you split it up, use photoshop to copy in anything you want. Also watch out becaus the image will be flipped vertically once ingame.

The grey scale is just the "object lighting mode" in the ediotr.

About the green:

I am not colorblind ( I thinks). I am aware of th rather unusual look of it. However I do like the way it looks and I do not think that it is too far out. However 1) It is not final and 2) If popular demand isvery opposed to it I do not have much of an issue with changing it a bit. (cat listening to advice? Oh gawd! Division by zero imminent!!!!!)

Quote:
Also those tarps
What is a tarps? I did not run lightmaps for all objects yet, so whatever a tarp is that may cause it look weird.

If anyone notice large section of the hills were leveled to make room for a patch of fields. I always wanted a european patchwork of hedges in a map.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:09 PM   #65
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat View Post
What is a tarps? I did not run lightmaps for all objects yet, so whatever a tarp is that may cause it look weird.

Its the blue and white/tan thing in this screen shot. About dead center. I thought the word tarp was a common word. At least thats what I called them in the editor.

"apcs, like dogs can't look up" - Dr2B Rudd
Old 12-03-2008, 10:31 PM   #66
Chuc
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to Chuc Send a message via Skype™ to Chuc

I have to admit, the setting looks quite scenic, remniscent of all the docos I've seen of the Central Asian environment.

Personal Folio - http://www.studioash.net
Old 12-03-2008, 10:52 PM   #67
unrealalex

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Chuc View Post

I have to admit, the setting looks quite scenic, remniscent of all the docos I've seen of the Central Asian environment.
No no no
It's a tarp!

Troubled Assets Relief Program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The tarp is a tarp.

Anyway, map looks cool. At night would be cooler Who wants to have night vision on for 2 hours? I do, hell yea. Roleplay is where its at.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:37 PM   #68
sittingduck911

there is a TARP/ tent like that one in korangal valley up in the mountains where that flag is (cant remember name of flag).

and thanks for the link CAT
Old 12-03-2008, 11:57 PM   #69
ReconAus

Send a message via MSN to ReconAus

Looking good cat, cant wait to play this

Recon

A man can change the world with a single bullet in the right place

Tonnie15 10 - ReconAus 3
Old 12-04-2008, 12:20 AM   #70
cat

Here in germany they teached us the word TENT. Yozu military people always have these confusing words for totally common things. The tarps were placed after some time when I lightmapped the houses next to it. Lightmapping things is a bit silly on my machine. Because after generating, I have to restart the editor to see the lightmaps.

Quote:
Anyway, map looks cool. At night would be cooler Who wants to have night vision on for 2 hours? I do, hell yea. Roleplay is where its at.
As stated before, If I make this a nightmap, the map will have drastically smaller player numbers. And I plan to avoid that. Also I am not a fan of "dramatic" lighting angles. The best lit maps are Korengal and Basra because it feels the most real. Basra has the sleepy afternoon lighting. And Korengal that foggy morning. Its just the most convincing lighting compared to other maps.
Closed Thread

Tags
blackout, map, mapblackout, scrapped