project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
25 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2008, 11:26 PM   #31
cat

Default Re: [Map] Blackout

I would prefer making 1km maps. it is easier to keep a high detail level on a small map. Atm the map features ~80 enterable houses (I did not count excatly). Almost every single one is rotated alone to make it follow streets contours. The plan is to make the hills very obstructed with trees, pressing the combat distance down, similar to kornengal. There will be dense "core" areas with narrow passages between the houses and ways to access the roofs and hop over some gaps between buildings. Assassins creed inspired this in some way.

Insurgency
AAS
Skirmish

if I get the custom textures to appear I also fot of adding custom arab factional logos on the mg-jeeps. However I would try to stay away from any real world things (ie. hamas or fatah) because I want to keep real world politics out of my maps
Old 11-25-2008, 11:40 PM   #32
HughJass

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat View Post
I would prefer making 1km maps. it is easier to keep a high detail level on a small map. Atm the map features ~80 enterable houses (I did not count excatly). Almost every single one is rotated alone to make it follow streets contours. The plan is to make the hills very obstructed with trees, pressing the combat distance down, similar to kornengal. There will be dense "core" areas with narrow passages between the houses and ways to access the roofs and hop over some gaps between buildings. Assassins creed inspired this in some way.

Insurgency
AAS
Skirmish

if I get the custom textures to appear I also fot of adding custom arab factional logos on the mg-jeeps. However I would try to stay away from any real world things (ie. hamas or fatah) because I want to keep real world politics out of my maps
well good luck, but i'd do something bigger. And the only thing that controls the amount of detail in a map is the mapper

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:11 AM   #33
cat

more news

Old 11-26-2008, 01:33 AM   #34
[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat View Post

Insurgency
AAS
Skirmish

Just going by this I am a bit worried about it having any place in PR.
Right now Im thinking
1km map [already small]
hills a round the entire city taking up a large portion of the map making the 1km map even smaller still
hills that will tower over the city and allow those with scopes to camp up in the hills [EJOD]

I see this being a slightly larger "street" and Im not sure I like that idea.

But, its still early. Keep it up, just maybe keep these things in mind as you work on the outer terrain, try to include more of the outer terrain in gameplay. Korengal is small but it uses most of the map all the way to the edges, this one looks like it is a city within a bowl of mountains/hills and nothing outside.... meaning thered be no reason for anyone to go into the outside area...

Im still thinking 2km would be a good call for this, that way you could have the city inside the hills, but also have room inside to have some open areas, space between city sections, etc.

Are these all destructibles? Make sure you know how it will look when say, a bottom one blows out and the one on top is still in one piece... will is be floating? I dont remember what these look like when destroyed

"[An intelligence officer is] an instrument of his country, an observer and reporter of information."

Old 11-26-2008, 02:00 AM   #35
cat

The hills will be heavily obstructed by trees. And There are some areas on the hills I want to place smaller farms on. The town will get some more fences and hedges (if I can get around the problem with draw distance)
the buildins are not destructible for the exact point you brought up and because I am not sure about limit for breakable things.
AS for the EJOD hills. One of my main goals is to make the hills visually obstructed like korengal.

Yeah I am aware of the possible dangers of small maps and the points you mentioned. The goal is to pack the map as dense as korengal (reducing the combat distance to similar ranges).
What I really like on korengal is
1)the feeling of danger when driving down the road as US (probably the most dangerous road on any PR map)

2) Average combat distance of 2.5m (lawlz). Fun playing medic on this map, actually using more epipens than bullets. Or crawling through the high grass totally cluelesswho is firng from where.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:01 AM   #36
crazy11
Retired PR Developer

Yep they float and when the top one is destroyed the debris floats too.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.- Wayne Gretzky
Old 11-26-2008, 02:28 AM   #37
[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto

If you simply turned off their destructibility in the editor Im not 100% sure that fixes the problem because you can turn off ladders on buildings but they are still counted in the tally for the max amount of ladders...

Might wanna keep that in mind.

And yeah, either way, if they float itll look hilarious and if they are indestructible, they might still be adding to the count anyway :\

"[An intelligence officer is] an instrument of his country, an observer and reporter of information."

Old 11-26-2008, 02:37 AM   #38
cat

I used "nondestroyable".
Old 11-26-2008, 06:01 AM   #39
LtSoucy
Supporting Member

It looks like you never completed all your buildings, it looks like there edges are sticking out. It looks liek that at least fro the pics, maybe move them closer to each other.

Reality Gaming - Making Games Reality

Old 11-26-2008, 10:28 AM   #40
cat

This is just the low lightmaps. The buildings were snapped together before moving them into the place.
Closed Thread

Tags
blackout, map, mapblackout, scrapped