project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
01 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 12:23 PM   #131
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Map] Blackout

The problem is that the green stands out so much, perhaps making the rest of the grass a different green so that the green that everyone has a problem with looks more natural

Like maybe mix it a little more rather than 'here is green 1' 'here is green 2'

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:25 PM   #132
cat

I know what you mean. the problem is that I have to balance my wish to keep nice looking visual contrast with the greed for the pitchfork wielding infidels who want one dull and boring green all over the map.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:28 PM   #133
marcoelnk
Retired PR Developer

thats not the point cat. you can have variation withouth the neon grass.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:29 PM   #134
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to DankE_SPB Send a message via Skype™ to DankE_SPB

something wrong here

structures means that they will be used, ppl will mess around, bring ammo and other real life stuff, so a lot of dirt will appear, not New Zealand valleys

[R-DEV]Z-trooper: you damn russian bear spy ;P - WWJND?
Old 03-03-2009, 12:31 PM   #135
cat

Yeah this screenshot is not actual. I repainted the inside of the bunkers brown.

edit:

I was thinking (if the dev issue is ever sorted out) if I should change the map to one of the newer factions in 0.85. How about Taliban vs Russia? There is almost no building on this map that necessarily roots the map in Europe. Except the small houses. I mean this map could pose as a some afghan border region that borders to some post soviet state, like usbekistan.

Are non-cache maps allowed for taliban factions?
Old 03-03-2009, 07:11 PM   #136
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat View Post
For example maps likefools road would be much nicer visually if they had some nice color painted instead of just tpaint.
I was the one who painted the base texture on Fools Road, ask Iron Taxi if you dont believe me

Before I got my hands on fools road, note: using the same colours as AoM:

After I got my hands on fools road and painted his base textures for him:

Note: no neon grass, with lots of suttle variation in colours that make's fools road look so good

And a pic from the dev topic of fools road after I had done the colouring and was just doing his overgrowth and undergrowth

Quote:
ANd I am not going to remove the Mass graves.
I dont care, all I said they looked odd to me, its nothing like as serious as your neon grass...

Quote:
I can not say who said things about rhino. All I know is that its true and that they gav a letter to their lawyer in case they disappear.
Can anyone smell that? smells like bullshit to me?

Old 03-03-2009, 07:17 PM   #137
Wilkinson

Send a message via AIM to Wilkinson Send a message via MSN to Wilkinson Send a message via Skype™ to Wilkinson

^^^^^^
Quote:
Quote:
I can not say who said things about rhino. All I know is that its true and that they gav a letter to their lawyer in case they disappear.
Quote:

........HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAh

Old 03-03-2009, 11:11 PM   #138
cat

Quote:
I have still all PMs with the exact quotes. But I am obviously not going to show it.

I do not consider Fools Road a good looking map. Basically the terrain color is too low contrast. And the sunset lighting is not cool either. Do not get this wrong, Fools is a great map to play, but the colors are off I think. (Any attempt to make "cool" light settings like sunsets will look bad in this game.) Korengal has great terrain painting. Falluja too, and even (as dumb as it may sound) Basra.

These three maps combine great textures with excqisite lighting. They all use simple light setups. Broad daylight.

Quote:
I dont care, all I said they looked odd to me, its nothing like as serious as your neon grass...
Now that the mass grave isssue is sorted, let us get over the grass issue. I am willing to tone down the grass tiberium level to any level that the DEV Team thinks is necessary. And I say Team. Id like all the big guys from the map team (especially the guys who made korengal, falluja, basra) to voice their opinion on how much the neon shiould be decreased. Because these 3 mappers appear to know most about their work.

Then I am going to repaint the colors on the minimap for now, to prove that my ego still barely fits though the PR DEV team entrance door. Id like to do it on the minimap first because Id like to avoid having to copy over my BF2 backup just to repaint some colors.

Is it possible with the above assurance from my side that the tiberium is going to be removed that the DEVs take a look at the map in the current form? I mean you can phase out the green for a sec if you want to test the gameplay of this map.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:21 PM   #139
thecoolj85
Banned

Quote:
New update

Gawd that was annoying. It spent 9 Hours to compile the LOW lightmaps for objects. On radio moscow it was less than 1 hour. this will be the layout of the town. Still missing is the lower part whee the road leads.

your grass looks horrible its like the kind in the astro dome
Old 03-04-2009, 12:29 AM   #140
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

Quote:
I do not consider Fools Road a good looking map. Basically the terrain color is too low contrast.
have you even considered it might be your screen settings with your contrast etc like has been said many times in the past?

Monitor Brightness and Contrast Test

there are many programs etc out there, one came with my gfx card that was really good but can't remember the name of it now.

and I am the big person from the map team, you need to get your map and yourself past me, and so far, you have failed miserably at both with little chance of recovering, since you first refuse to take on any feedback from any one, over how many months? You have only just started to think that maybe you might want to change the colour of your grass, but you are still putting up a fight, only reason that I can see is to deify what I say, the best you can hope for is to release your own map pack of your maps and hope some one plays them as 1/2 about getting into the team is about the developer himself, can he take feedback, and all the rest of it, the other 1/2 like I said, is your map, which would be fine if you could take the feedback to correct your grass, but you can not.

So unless your both willing to accept feedback and take it on well, dont have to go with it you just have to take it on, and then keep that up for a long time and basically change the way you act, then we can start to think about getting your map into PR and getting yourself on the team but till then, I'm not going to waste any of my time with you.

Closed Thread

Tags
blackout, map, mapblackout, scrapped