project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
23 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2008, 05:14 PM   #91
cptste el_74

Default Re: [Map] Blackout

You could tell by the way he was calling you Heathens that he's only joking...

Cpt-Stee1 in-game.

Glider Pilots do it quietly...
Old 12-05-2008, 05:16 PM   #92
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat View Post
I AM GOING TO REPAINT IT, YOU HEATHENS

happy now?!
Big love mate

Old 12-05-2008, 06:14 PM   #93
cat

Rhino stop trash talking.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:40 PM   #94
Scot
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Scot

You just proved his point.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:44 PM   #95
mp5punk
Banned

hopefully it turns out good and there are more buildings.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:58 AM   #96
ZZEZ
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat View Post
Rhino stop trash talking.
Cat, you NEED to talk with Rhino and solve your issues with him or simply all your work will go down the drain.
Stop with this me vs him attitude and do what mature people do - talk out their issues and not go head to head with other people.
Acting like this will certainly not help you or anyone else in your goal to have your maps inside PR.

Old 12-06-2008, 06:39 AM   #97
Drav
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Agreed. I cant understand why you antagonise the guy who is project lead of something you want to be part of? Even if you dont agree with him, just suck it up and say yes.....(he forgets half the things he's complained about anyway!) Otherwise all your work will end up as a community download that no-one will play....

If you're on the team you will have more leeway, but you will realise that 90% of the time, the devs saying 'hmm do this' are totally right, and it actually makes your work a LOT better. I can totally understand why Rhino is pissed off with you, and I would say your inability to take criticism is a huge failing you need to address. Your maps are good, but your ego is preventing them from being really good.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:16 AM   #98
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

yep, the problem is that I've already had a big talk about this with cat but he refuses to take any of it in for some very odd reason that I have still to work out so from all I can see he is simply a lost cause as far as I'm concerned unless he changes his ways which from going on everything I've seen from him so far, that is not going to happen.

Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 12-06-2008 at 11:37 AM..
Old 12-13-2008, 09:22 AM   #99
Oak

The map looks very nice, I love the whole green fields / hedge fences stuff. I like how Korengal has high crops in the fields and I think you should emulate them - though they should be lower than the hedges - to provide interesting places to fight in and not just open areas.

I'm also happy about the hillside topography - Korengal is far too steep in my opinion.

Maybe add some high building - a school or a mosque or even a silo or water tower, just some way to allow local defenders to get a good view of the village and its surroundings without moving to the hills, and it would provide a good landmark for navigating the streets. Also you could add some birds up on the top and it would really go with the Assassin's Creed theme

You said you like atmospheric stuff - this already looks like a winter map, you could make it a "between-rains" map with stormy skies, ponds in the street, dark brown ground as mud, etc.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:22 PM   #100
cat

How grass looks in Germany:

There is green grass, neon grass, white grass, brown grass, yellow grass, orange grass.

All ophotos were taken in cloudy weather, with rainclouds creeping over the scene (it started raining whily I was taking photos).

It's winter here and there was no strong sunlight that can cause the grass to dry out. Also the photos are 100% not edited in any way. The grass is in reality actually FAR more luminous and neon. But cameras have a limited dynamic range compared to the eye.

---------------------------------------------

Quote:
Agreed. I cant understand why you antagonise the guy who is project lead of something you want to be part of? Even if you dont agree with him, just suck it up and say yes.....(he forgets half the things he's complained about anyway!) Otherwise all your work will end up as a community download that no-one will play....

If you're on the team you will have more leeway, but you will realise that 90% of the time, the devs saying 'hmm do this' are totally right, and it actually makes your work a LOT better. I can totally understand why Rhino is pissed off with you, and I would say your inability to take criticism is a huge failing you need to address. Your maps are good, but your ego is preventing them from being really good.

I am not antagonising him. I am just not going to throw away my confidence in designing maps because his ego is a bit oversized. I was warned about Rhino being "difficult" by 5 different CONS and DEVs. The warnings ranged from "He is a bit difficult" to "Do not listen to him, he is an idiot".
When Rhino said that I had to remove certain static props because of technical reasons I did that.

However when he says my "blue grass looks crappy" and does not like my massgraves then that is purely artistic advice which I do not necessarily have to agree with. Because I think the massgrave does fit. Then I was told it was cliche and it was just put in "because it was in the folder". Then please explain why IN EVERY SINGLE PLA map there is a temple? It does not make sense either. It is not like there is a pagoda in every half square kilometer in China.

When Nickbond said that my rocks are not rotated enough, I politely disagreed with it because I know for a fact (which was proven by other testers too) that ingame the rocks are not too patterned at all.

The basic problem with critizm is that very often when someone does giv critisizm, he immediatelly claims to have a superior and rightful position. Now if the one who received the crit does defend his point it ends up like this:

OMG can't take critz!!!!!1111

I clearly stated my point on some design decisions and I was and am willing to change some of it. If for example multiple developers do disagree with me. But so far my map got stuck on Rhino basically saying:

Do what I say or I won let you in.
Rhino is just pissed because he has got used too much to telling "new" mappers what they have to do. Now if someone opposes his view.... well power corrupts.

I bet Rhino blocked the whole application out just because of that. All I wanted was that someone gives the map a fair look. And I think the quality of it would at least warrant giving it actually a fair look. ( I am talking about radio moscow).
Right now it was choked off because I refuse to stroke Rhino's ego.

How about some of the DEVs and testers take a look at it and hand me a detailed list of what you think should be changed? Instead of just Rhino?

edit:

This post is supposed to be about radio moscow, not this map (blackout)
Last edited by cat; 03-02-2009 at 02:00 PM..
Closed Thread

Tags
blackout, map, mapblackout, scrapped