project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
29 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2008, 08:12 AM   #151
Tartantyco

Default Re: [Map] Radio Moscow

Quote:
Originally Posted by black-wolf View Post
And I still dont understand the green spots?
-It's tiberium you dummy.

Make Norway OPFOR! NAO!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It's your hamster Richard. It's your hamster in the box and it's not breathing.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:42 AM   #152
cat

Look, there is a problem with nickbonds advice. These formations may look not very random from the minimap view, however if you look at them from the player view, you will see that

-they fit into the terrain niceely
-they are rotated
-you will never see a pattern because the rocks are placed far from each other and there is trees obstructing the view to the enxt rock.

And something you possibly can not see from the screenshot. Is that I used far more single rocks and rotated them to ENDLESS variations (as seen on the rocks near the bunkers). Because the formation rocks 8not the single) have the problem that if you rotate them too much vertically, single rocks will float in the air.

Then again sinking some of them more into the terrain is not tzhat much of a deal. So if the pattern is starting people's feeling I am going to fix that a bit. However calling my standpoint an "obession" is a bit off.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:21 PM   #153
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tartantyco View Post
-It's tiberium you dummy.
nom nom nom

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Old 11-18-2008, 04:24 PM   #154
[R-DEV]Deadfast
PR:A3 Lead Developer

Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]Deadfast Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]Deadfast

I'd rather stand the rocks then this neon grass, sorry

Old 11-18-2008, 05:20 PM   #155
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

Its just a few rocks guys, if he wants to change it he will. So lets drop the rocks, The map has other more important things to fix. Cat just keep going. The community will always voice there opinion good or bad.

haven't had time to download it as the DEV team was distracted with killing zombies and yelling at each other for help. heres my list of things to fix

Grass:
From the screen shots the green grass needs to be brought way down. The reason it look so out of place is the rest of the level is very saturated which makes the green pop. In fact because there is no air assets in the game I would remove allot the green and let undergrowth grass create green areas.

Check this link : http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._landscape.jpg

I understand the need for some pops but personally it looks out of place. You can still get that pop with a more saturated color.

Try to start with these values and work around them
Red: 112 Green: 150 Blue: 62

Hasco covers:
The bunker in the lower left of this image http://www.tr-racing.de/pr_maps/rm/49.jpg look in the editor for Hasco_cover (I might be spelling Hasco wrong). They add a cover so far away its camouflaged.

Undergrowth:
Its to early to test but you might have major lag issues with your undergrowth settings (Will need to test)

Tree leaves and bark Color:
The trees leaves have this blue tint to them and the bark has a different contrasting color. I not sure of the color yet but its an easy fix.

Graves:
Personally I have no issues with it. Its new and ok.

GamePlay:
Not going into this at all. these things may change allot and its not really a mappers main concern. Wont know any issue until testers play it.

You can take or leave these recommendations. I not going to force my opinion on YOUR map. End of day its yours and you get to deal with the community negative comments.

"apcs, like dogs can't look up" - Dr2B Rudd
Last edited by CodeRedFox; 11-18-2008 at 05:46 PM..
Old 11-18-2008, 05:46 PM   #156
SqnLdr
Project Reality Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to SqnLdr

Cat, just a heads up, the rock just directly NW of the nonUS base is walkthroughable =]

[T&T] SqnLdr

| All Maps:
217.146.85.30:16567
Helping to encourage Team-Level public play one round at a time
Old 11-18-2008, 06:24 PM   #157
General Dragosh

Send a message via MSN to General Dragosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]CodeRedFox View Post
haven't had time to download it as the DEV team was distracted with killing zombies and yelling at each other for help
Lemme guess COD5 COOP ?

Newly ordered sig !
Old 11-19-2008, 09:08 AM   #158
cat

Quote:
Cat, just a heads up, the rock just directly NW of the nonUS base is walkthroughable =]
Ah, those overgrowth rocks. I cant trust them anymore. The round looking ones near the militia are overgrowth, where as the others are static ones. I am going to remove any of the overgrowth ones.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:09 PM   #159
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

Ahh the overgrowth rocks dont work...thats why, damn things keep respawning in the editor like freshly bitten zombies.

"apcs, like dogs can't look up" - Dr2B Rudd
Old 11-19-2008, 10:41 PM   #160
cat

V3 Download:

http://www.tr-racing.de/pr_maps/rm/r...scow_beta3.rar

This version has 2 gamemodes:

AAS
Skirmish

Any public playtest is welcome. (Also pm me if someone is going to do scheduled playtest)

Lets see if the inredibly unrotated rocks of despair are really that unrotated. I am going to let the public vote decide.
Closed Thread

Tags
map, moscow, radio, scrapped, wip