project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
23 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2008, 07:34 PM   #141
cat

Default Re: [Map] Radio Moscow

I am an expert for random rock formations
Old 11-17-2008, 07:38 PM   #142
Nickbond592
Retired PR Developer

This obsession with all of your work being perfect isnt going to get you anywhere fast cat, i would strongly advice you listen to the opinions and veiws of the Experianced mappers we have in the PR team, for your own benifit.

we are after all trying to help you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Smeg: Fuzz commands a lot and promotes good teamwork, db flips vehicles, Bosco is an all-round nub, Outlawz is an SP whore, Nickbond is a friggin ninja and Rhino gets kicked for being a n00b.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:46 PM   #143
cat

I have taken note of your suggestion. However I do not necessarily have to agree with it.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:50 PM   #144
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat View Post
I have taken note of your suggestion. However I do not necessarily have to agree with it.
too bad?

EDIT: epically after just receiving a dev app from you

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:53 PM   #145
cat

I just sent in my application. I would suggest you take a look at it ingame. the screenshots do not show everything
Old 11-17-2008, 07:55 PM   #146
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

I would take a step away from your map for a bit. I know how you feel, its your baby you dont wanna mess it up. And I'm sure your sick of working on it...but at the same time want it done. The amount of times I didn't agree with Rhino or others is allot. Just take it as a note and fix more major areas or problems that exist. I use to have a huge list of "wants" and "needs". Priorities them and everything comes into play.

Take some time away from it, there is no rush right now.

What always helped me was to go play a round or two in PR and on a totally different looking map. Look up some pics, and knock one out always helps :-p

"apcs, like dogs can't look up" - Dr2B Rudd
Old 11-17-2008, 08:01 PM   #147
cat

Quote:
too bad?

EDIT: epically after just receiving a dev app from you
what?
Old 11-18-2008, 07:04 AM   #148
LtSoucy
Supporting Member

Cat as they already said remove a few rocks, there are too many of the same static type in one area. There are if i'm not wrong about 6 different types of formations, use them and spread them out.

Also, each mapper has a view in his mind at the start of each project how he wants it to look, and you will build your map on how your mind wants it done. Sometimes though your ideas don't work for gameplay reasons or just look unrealistic. For example on y first map, I changed the landscape alot even after I started to place objects. The developers are here to help everyone as long as they want to learn how to do it.

Cat basicly, just listen to what they say, it will only come out better for you and you may get rewarded for it like other community mappers.

Reality Gaming - Making Games Reality

Old 11-18-2008, 08:53 AM   #149
[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto

Perhaps the biggest part of being a DEV or even CON is attitude. I understand you have your own opinions but you have to understand we are only try to help make this map be as good as it can be. Its already looking really good, imo. But there are always a lot of little things that can take it from good to great. I by no means think of Ramiel as an amazing map, but I do appreciate how it went from complete and utter crap to a fairly good looking, pretty fun and playable map through countless hours of various DEVs input.

Here are the rock formations that just looked rotated on one axis, mainly because the map is so small that the repetition is much more obvious[I already notice I missed a blue circle above the South East base]. I suggest:
1. sinking a number of them to only show one rock
2. removing a few of them altogether
3. rotating a few on two or three axis
4. switching some of them out for another type of rock formation

You don't need to follow any of our advice, but trust me when I tell you that we do it because we want the map to go from good to great. Not just to be dicks.

"[An intelligence officer is] an instrument of his country, an observer and reporter of information."

Old 11-18-2008, 08:59 AM   #150
black-wolf

And I still dont understand the green spots?
Closed Thread

Tags
map, moscow, radio, scrapped, wip