project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
19 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2008, 11:59 PM   #111
cat

Default Re: [Map] Radio Moscow

Quote:
No, I mean the green tents that look like they are almost made out of plastic:
Are not tents supposed to be made of plastic?

Quote:
also pointing out the LM errors thou there are more, you can see them really bad on OGT if you step a bit off when they go into LOD1. You should instead use the tent_v2, objects\staticobjects\pr\military\tent_v2
These are normal shadows from the tower next to it (or is there something wrong that I do not see?). And the lightmap is low on this screenshiot.

Quote:
k, still seems odd there is a mass grave being dug there?
Its because there a lot of people running around with guns shooting each other. So creating a realistic "garbage" disposal for dead bodies is just realistic as the trash dumpster.

btw I think you should paint some parts of the water different on muttrah because of all the dead bodies they have to throw into the water when the round is over. That is quite a lot on a 24/7 Muttrah server. about 500 dead people every 1 hour.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:02 AM   #112
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

not possible to paint the water different colours

and the tents do have bad LM samples, just trust me on it and use the newer ones, they look much better anyways, and tents are only meant to be made of plastic if your 3cm tall and made of plastic yourself

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:05 AM   #113
cat

There should be an extra cleaning after the normal round, where players have to dispose of all the corpses.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:17 AM   #114
[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto

Im still gonna say that the green you have chosen is far too bright and in contrast to the rest of the map. If the map were similar in looks to Qin Ling Id be a bit more receptive, but this is a very drab looking dirty mestia-like wooded map so the neon green just looks comical to me. I suggest having a play with it and trying to tone it down some.

Mass grave... to me it looks like Rhino said, that its thrown in as a reason to use the coffin static. And trust me, I feel ya, there were tons of statics I originally threw into Ramiel when I first found them Once again, I just think its a bit too out of the blue.

Were this a map in Iraq or something It might be a bit more believable to just see an area in the desert but here like, right near a saw mill and stuff just seems like Old Mister Withers from down the street slaughtered half the town and the other half just never noticed the mound out back :P

And as far as the tents, you need to use the undergrowth one. in this pic:

Far left overhanging thingy, dont use that one, there are ones ten times better in the objects folder under undergrowth. I had the wrong ones in Ramiel for the longest time and finally replaced them. The new ones are animated to billow in the wind and have a much richer texture.

"[An intelligence officer is] an instrument of his country, an observer and reporter of information."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:57 AM   #115
Drav
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Looks awesome apart from the luminous green splodges. These need to be changed otherwise it looks like World of Warcraft.....

Which obviously, is a VERY bad thing....
Old 11-17-2008, 10:59 AM   #116
cat

Ok ok I am going to tone the green down a *bit*. You heathens.

Quote:
Were this a map in Iraq or something It might be a bit more believable to just see an area in the desert but here like, right near a saw mill and stuff just seems like Old Mister Withers from down the street slaughtered half the town and the other half just never noticed the mound out back :P
However the mass grave makes perfect sense. And in reality there is mass graves in warzones. And this place, is a warzone. And mass graves can be found in many places in world. Like in former warzones of yugoslavia or perhaps chechnya.

And the Mr withers thing. Yes i wanted the mass grave to be next to the shiny peaceful houses. Makes it look more terryfiyng. However the mass grave could also be a "legal" mass grave. Like When you have a lot of bodies that need to be buried quickly because of diseases or you cant identify them all. SO mass graves do not have to point to a mass murderer.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:44 AM   #117
cat

Quote:
PR Crates
objects\staticobjects\pr\misc\crates_group1_pr
objects\staticobjects\pr\misc\crates_group4_pr
objects\staticobjects\pr\misc\crate_4m_pr

Are they really buggy?
From what I can see the lightmap looks ok. however replacing is not tht difficult because I do not have many stacks of them in the map.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:23 PM   #118
General Dragosh

Send a message via MSN to General Dragosh

Add a "hiden" kit in a coffin

Newly ordered sig !
Old 11-17-2008, 02:47 PM   #119
cat

Old 11-17-2008, 02:49 PM   #120
Mora

WTF is that??

-

|
Closed Thread

Tags
map, moscow, radio, scrapped, wip